Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Wife fell asleep during foreplay, help?

My wife and I hv been married for three years. We have a child that is 6 months old. Shes been pretty busy with everything so the other night I got my mum to look after the baby so we could have some time to ourselves. I cooked a meal and it was all well. But we got into bed and starting kissing but she fell asleep during foreplay. Is she just tired or is our sex life declining?

Her body is telling you that you need to help her out more with the baby.

She needs to get out by herself at least one day a week - to take a class, take a walk, work out, go to the library or bookstore, browse the mall, whatever she enjoys doing.

Having a young baby is both physically and mentally exhausting. God Bless her for being such a good Mom. You need to be a better husband and especially father and help her!

She is exhausted! It is good that you are making an effort to be alone, but right now she really needs sleep. It is hard taking care of a baby, keeping the house clean, doing laundry, ext. Let her know that when you are home you will watch the baby so she can take a nap. She will appreciate that more than anything. Keep in mind her body is still changing, so it will all just take time.

I don't think it is anything you did or did not do. She is just really really tired right now.

Good Luck

Source(s): mother of two

Hi There, you need to talk to her openly about your sex live togetherv- as there have been major changes - the twins, you being away. Ask her how she feels, what she wants. Tell her how you feel, what you want. Negotiate and come to something that works for both of you. And she might just be tired. Taking care of the kids is tough stuff. Plus, after giving birth, many women stop prioritising sex - because they are so focused on mothering. Keep making her feel great and keep making time alone for your sex lives. It's bound to get better.

After a child the mother gets very tired trying to do so much. Husbands don't understand how much work it is dealing with a child.

I would suggest to find a babysitter for an entire weekend and take her to a hotel and spa and see how things works out

a six month old baby will wear you out! She fell asleep, not rejected you. It is a physical reaction (sleep) and not an emotional reaction (pushing you away). maybe you should try it again in the morning or afternoon. I have no small kids, but when my hubby chooses to get frisky late, I don't have the energy. I told him "catch me earlier, I am tired".

She is totally exhausted from overwork. Such is parenthood sometimes. The kid needs her attention 100 peercent of the time.

• SSRIs

Bless her, maybe if you help out more with taking care of the baby, she might less tired.

• i + i

Most likely tired, but maybe a little of both.

I'd say she is just tired. Don't take it personal.

• Abra B

Next time, sex first ... dinner later :)