Can I change the Subject line on received emails?

A company sends me emails that I need to save. I would prefer to change the subject line to make it more useful to me. Other than forwarding every email to myself with my customized subject line and then deleting their original email, is there a way to change the subject line on the email they sent me and save it with that new info? I know I can delete an existing subject line and replace it in Outlook. Can I do that in Yahoo mail?

Thanks for the quick reply, Froggie!

In Yahoo, you can only edit the content by Forwarding, composing a New Mail, or Replying, unlike with Yahoo. Unfortunately, that will change the original From name to your own, and perhaps the date, but the original will remain in the Forwarded mail contents.

• The new Yahoo Mail User's interface is really not that great!
      It seems that any Yahoo mail user's interface is a deterioration !
      If yahoo mail does not get it acts together, I will have to use another one, (not gmail, whose respect for privacy is almost NULL !)

As a listowner, this is a huge flaw. Frankly, I may disbandon my group. I feel like I have no control over it and am not going to spend my life forwarding messages over trivia like this.

I already closed one email account.

I have the impression yahoo does not want groups around any more... anyone think differently?

Source(s): My source is my personal experience trying to run a group with this Neo nonsense.

I have a similar problem as Peter. I am asked to return the email with 'Confirm Me' in the subject line.

I need to add the word 'REMOVE' to the subject heading to be able to remove myself from a mailing list email.

Yahoo ... get a grip, give us the ability to edit the subject line in an email. Yahoo has changed over the years from a decent web mail provider to being a massive advert hungry waste of time. I am seriously considering changing to another provider, as their service has deteriorated massivelyover the years.

yahool mail SUCK ***

• Gareth7 years agoReport

sucks. yahoo is the worst. i hate the new mail.

I use MS outlook at work. Often I'll receive replies to a message and would like to save certain meaningful replies and put in the subject wht made them meaningful. Say subject is Madison project update. I may get a good reply from a project manager. I would change the subject slightly to say something like

Madison Project ( Bob's thoughts on lowering costs). This way basic subject stays the same but I know this particular message contains usable info on the subject.

But unfortunately that's only with Outlook. Would really like to do the same thing in Yahoo Mail withoug sending myself another version.

• Ed3 weeks agoReport

same request, with no resolution today, May 11 2020