When guy's say "you're not fat" do they really mean it?

I've been wanting to lose weight, but my bf keeps on saying "you're not fat"

ok, when guys say that, do they actually mean it?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best answer

It depends on if you're really fat or not. Because if you are a little chubby, your boyfriend loves you and doesn't want you to be hurt but you could afford to lose some lbs but if you're really not fat, and just one of those girls who thinks they need to lose weight, he's telling the truth.

Source(s): I'm a guy, who has a girlfriend. Who i tell the truth too.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

We say whatever it takes to get you to shut up. If you've had sex with him in the past 2 weeks, then he obviously isn't that bothered by your weight. Here's how you find out what he really thinks. Tell him you're starting a Weight Watchers program, & you want him to help you. If he isn't that interested in helping, it doesnt botther him. If he immediately agrees & seems more than willing to help.... he's either the most supportive bf in world, or he thinks you're on the heavy side

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It depends upon the boys.Some might lie and some might tell the truth.But as you said that you wanted to lose your weight but your bf said you're not fat then I think he's telling the truth.Bfs don't want thier gfs to look bad.If you look bad then obviously he would tell you the real thing.Now that your bf said that you are not fat,I think he really mean it.

• 4 years ago

If you want to lose weight, do it. Whether he means it or not depends on him and not a bunch of strangers on the Internet. Just tell him you want to become more fit, and do it already. You're a grownup.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Here's the thing

We know you can't handle the truth so we say what you want to hear. It's that simple.

If we say yes you are getting fat we are starting a shi*tstorm. No sane guy would do that,

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

ya he probably does if he tells you that even when you dont ask him he prob REEALLy thinks your NOT fat...but hun you know if your in a healthy weight or not so regardless of what anyone says what do you think?...its not really about the weight more about eating portions and healthy things also being active:)

Source(s): GOD BLESS SMILE JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU:D!!!
  • I think they do mean it. Guys are usually straight up. If he thought you needed to lose weight, he would have kept his mouth shut when you talked about it.

• 8 years ago

You really can never be honest when it comes to weight.

A girl will get mad ... so most guys tell a girl what she wants to hear (she's not fat).

• 8 years ago

Maybe, maybe not.

Most guys aren't going to say you're fat. They're going to lie if you are, but sometimes you aren't, so they're being honest.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, we never mean it. A guy always wants his girlfriend to be skinnier and hotter, but if we told you the truth you would probably not have sex with us.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.