Is your vet local? (20 characters is pointless)?

My family is considering going outside our town for a new vet. The old vet we had retired and the new one has just made too many mistakes for us to feel comfortable with. I know everyone is entitled to a few mistakes but after numerous horse owners in the town have complained about his incorrect diagnosis, we want... show more My family is considering going outside our town for a new vet. The old vet we had retired and the new one has just made too many mistakes for us to feel comfortable with. I know everyone is entitled to a few mistakes but after numerous horse owners in the town have complained about his incorrect diagnosis, we want to get another vet. Our old vet recommended one in the next town over. And he is always there to help us if we need it, but my grandfather said, he's retired, we don't want to keep him working. With all the rescue horses my grandparents get in we need a reliable vet.

It may cost a bit more, but my family doesn't mind. I was just wondering if other people did that as well.