Michelle Collins in Coronation Street?

What do you think of Michelle Collins playing the Character Stella in Corrie? What do you think of her fake Yorkshire Accent?

its rubbish, she needs a real yorkshire accent like mine!

• Vash

I haven't seen her in anything else and as a first time viewer of her acting I love Michelle Collins in Corrie.

A lot of comments have been made about how off the accent is and the character...and the acting. Well I don't see it. In fact I think she is a welcome addition.

I really enjoy her struggle to fit in (fictionally and in real life with Corrie fans). Mostly I enjoy the story of how she tries to make up for lost time with Leanne. I don't know if care about the distinction in her accent even if there is one, I won't complain.

Only thing is she seems to be written too good for the likes of Les Battersby from the get go but still even that can be believable because what young lass hasn't got into some trouble or make some mistake in their youth especially if pursued by the likes of Les? Walking away from Les is not hard to believe, running in fact is more believably...it is the leaving the baby behind so far and not coming for it any sooner that is weak for me. They might correct that with further character development.

Anyway it is far better that they finally wrote in Leanne's real mom than not follow up on something such as this about such a long standing favourite character like Leanne.

I'm not really able to criticise her accent, as i'm not too good at distinguishing Lancashire/Yorkshire, though as she is from the south, it does seem weird her talking with a northern accent.

But i must admit, i'm not fond of her character much. She dosnt seem right behind the Rovers,and i don't see how her character will stand out from all the regular ones. i didn't really take to her in Eastenders either much. We need another Betty as bar manager!! By the way, we havn't seen her lately?

• norona

i'm from Wigan, that's 12 miles from Manchester. Now I stay in oz..and we've no longer had the episodes yet, yet i've got watched basically a splash her on Youtube and that i do no longer think of she sounds too undesirable. It does not sound organic and that i easily does no longer mistake her for a actual northerner, in spite of the undeniable fact that it somewhat is quite confusing to mimic a Lancashire accessory and that i think of she's doing ok. I accept as true with you that Sue Nicholls' accessory is a good purchase worse.

• She looks a bit too well- bred and ladylike ever to have been the teen bride of the notorious Les Battersby, but she isn't doing too badly. Modelling her accent on that of the fragrant 'Janice Battersby' would have given her a more authentic twang

Source(s): I'm from north Manchester So I know. Kevin and his daughter Sophie have got the most life- like accents, most of the others sound Yorkshire, hilly Lancashire or even Merseyside !

I like her in Corrie and her accent is ok it is growing on me.

• dances

I dreaded her coming into it as always disliked her in Eastenders when I used to watch it - but I have to say I think she is doing quite well in Corrie - I was surprised

The accent may not be great but I do like her,she's not the worst of them.

It isn't her accent that is the problem here, it is the decided lack of acting talent.

i actually commented on her accent tonight to my mum as i only found out the other day that shes southern !!! and personally i thinks she does it great.. and i think the fact that she actually got the job proves that xxx

Her accents pretty fake, but other then that she's okay.