Why do I keep getting cold sores?!?

so I just had a cold sore and its healed but NOW I just got another one! I'm so mad and I use the medicine Abreva ( it really helps too ) but school is startnig soon and I hate going to school with a cold sore because I feel embaressed and grossed, anyways, why do I keep getting cold sores? How do I make this cold sore go away faster? please help! :(

The real reason you are getting outbreaks has to do with the way the Herpes Simplex virus replicates and and sheds in your body. Viruses have different life stages and since you are a teen you have probably recently become infected with the Herpes virus. As you and the virus age the tendency for cold sore outbreaks will diminish. Right now the virus is fairly new in your body and is still very active and replicating/shedding hence the sores. You can ask your physician about anti-viral medication such as Herpecin L. etc. Good Luck.

More reading on Herpes:

1

Source(s): Remedies For Cold Sore - http://ColdSore.ohfos.com/?Mow

2

Source(s): #1 Herpes Cure Program - http://HerpesCured.trustdd.com/?cdMn

Although some MDs do not agree with this, I get cold sores anytime I am thirsty and get dehydrated, or if I go out and drink directly from the glass and not using a straw, so there may be some very minor stuff going on in your life that may trigger the cold sores.

Source(s): own experience

That is the awful thing about cold sores. Once you get a cold sore, they just keep comming back. I know it must suck, because my mom is always getting them, but you just have to get the riight medication and deal with it.

My mom bought abreva, and all it did was irritate the cold sore. She went to the walk in clinic about a week later and they perscribed her with medication and the cold sore was gone in 3-4 days. You will never be able to completly get rid of it forever, but you will be able to get rid of it quickly each time you get one. Best of luck!

Source(s): experience.

Try getting a new lip gloss, toothbrush, make up bruches, and things like that, There are probably the reason for them

• Elliot

Because you have a serious case of herpes.