yuls asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 9 years ago

A Good Silent Retreat Near Toronto, ON?

Can anyone recommend a good silent retreat near Toronto? I want somewhere where I can go for a weekend, no more than 2 - 3 hour drive away. And not too expensive. I basically am looking for peace and silence. No religious dogma or full day of structured classes (though some non-religious meditation or yoga sessions would be ok). Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

• Steve
    Favorite Answer

I don't know if this will help http://www.freemeditation.com/meditation-classes/o... The link says ontario but it's actually the whole of canada.

The listing is for short meditation sessions but i do the same kind of meditation in Australia and they do full day things here so they might do them there as well. They're all free too.

• St N

Can you handle your own meditation or yoga or do you need a group leader? If you can do it yourself, then an interior permit for one of the hiking trails in Algonquin Park will get you to a camping spot that is quiet and where you can meditate.