GIRLS: are relationships all about sex these days?

I mean, in general mainstream society today, isn't it sort of 'expected'/'normal' for a romantic couple to have sex? (hope the title doesn't sound sexist against women). I've never dated before (although i do have a huge crush on an Atheist girl I know), and I just don't understand,... show more I mean, in general mainstream society today, isn't it sort of 'expected'/'normal' for a romantic couple to have sex? (hope the title doesn't sound sexist against women). I've never dated before (although i do have a huge crush on an Atheist girl I know), and I just don't understand, am I weird for wanting a relationship without sex? Is it an unrealistic desire?

I know different people do and don't want it, and I know it's not like every couple starts banging on the first night, but I've come to learn, it seems like just about every couple believes in and eventually makes love. Don't get me wrong, I find a pretty lady in a bikini very sexy, but I don't think to myself "I wanna get that girl into my bed!"

I doubt I will even ask her out, I'm too damned shy anyway, but I feel as if even if I had the guts, I'd be lacking something in her eyes, eventually. Or any girl for that matter.

My folks tell me to meet some nice Christian girls, but honestly, I find other Christians (I am a Christian) very annoying, and avoid them. Plus those Christian girls aren't the one I have a thing for!

I just feel so hopeless, what are your thoughts? Should I just forget about ever having love altogether?

Oh, I'm a 19yr-old male university student by the way.