Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 10 years ago

Can a 10 year old get a belly button piercing?

My nana said she would give me money to get a belly button piercing for my birthday. Is that even allowed? Actually I really want one but I want to know if it is allowed??? Thanks

• Milton

At ten, you can with a permission from a legal guardian but your nana has to have a large hole in her head to allow it at your age. Your judgment about something this permanent is not ready to be accepted and hers sounds like she is ready for the old age home.

You're too young for a belly button piercing, atleast wait until you're in high school!

And aside from that you can't get piercings legally until you are 16, but you need a guardians permission, you have to be 18 or over to get them done without permission.

If you find a peircist who will do it for you, I would advise you against them, as people who are willing to break the law obviously won't care much for you safety or the quality of their work, so really, it will be better for you to wait anyway just to make sure the piercing is safe.

Generally you have to be over sixteen or have a parent/guardian with you.

My advice, wait until your 13. It's really not too appropriate for a 10 year old to have a belly button piercing, but either way good luck! :)

no. at any repuatable shop you have to be 15-16 to get piercings other than ears, even with parent permission. besides that piercing is just to sexy for a 10-year old...

technically, yes. but they have to go to a notary and get that stamped. BUT i suggest waiting. a 10 year old would be inclined to change it quicker than the healing period, mess with it, not take proper care of it...etc. just not a good idea until they are older.