Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

What is your lowest acceptable rating for a Movie?

I guess most of us check the rating of a film before we see it, not to mention the reviews and message boards. So how low of a rating does the movie have to be before you decide not to watch it. This does not include movies you have already seen.

Also Mentioned :p

Do you use the imdb message boards?

I guess it depends. If it's a movie with actors I don't know or really care about, I won't watch it if the rating is lower then 6. If there actors that I admire, I'd watch it at any rating, even it's below 5.

& yes I do.

• Ryan

I don't use any kind of reviews or critique sites, except this one.

Most of the films I watch these days are recommendations from you guys.

I certainly don't use IMDB for anything, I think the site layout is crappy and every time you want to know something about a movie that's not blindingly obvious it offers you a subscription to IMDB Pro.

This weekend I watched In The Line Of Fire with Clint Eastwood and Vantage Point with a few decent names in it (mainly Dennis Quaid and Forest Whitaker) - both are relatively under-the-radar and I enjoyed them both. If I were to check on IMDB they've probably have low ratings.

• Jon

About a 7-6. I had to learn to trust reviews the hard way, so now I can't even watch a movie without seeing a review first, or at least having someone who knows a little about movies who's seen it, and recommends it.

I actually don't have a IMDb profile yet, but I do use the site often.

• I'd like to say something like ''stuff the critics, if I want to see that, I'll see that" but I'm lying. If it's got a rating lower than 6.4, Í'd rarely see it. In fact, now that you've mentioned it, most of the films I watch and want to watch have high ratings. I'm probably missing out on some great films....

I don't use imdb message boards, hardly. I just need to confirm my account, and maybe I'll participate in some discussions.

On a rating of 1 to 10.

I prefer going with 4 and above ones,

Mostly i go with the storyline, if i find it interesting i go with it. or sometimes the trailer even.

Nopes, i personally don't use imdb msg boards