Old Parents vs Young Parents?!?

I am doing a project for my psychology class and would greatly appreciate you help! All it takes is answering a few simple questions.

The subject is why children with older parents (40+) are better adjusted, have closer ties with parents, and are more socially skilled than children born to parents under 40 years of age.

When answering please include:

1. Age of your parents when you were born?

2. How you adjusted/behaved in school in your first year?

3. Describe relationship with your parents.

4. How were your social skills in your first year of school? And how are they now?

Please be as detailed as possible when answering. Thanks for the help!(:

• Jessie

1. My mother was 30 when she had me. My dad was 46.

2. I was really social and my parents said I was really smart as a kid. In kindergarten when we were saying the alphabet my teacher called my parents because she was upset that I wasn't looking at the wall with the alphabet posted on it when I said it. I think she thought I was intimidating the rest of the class lol.

3. I have a good relationship with my mom, she was naturally a good mom. My dad on the other hand should have never been a dad. He's just not good at parenting stuff and treats us like property. Since my parents got divorced all he cares about is child support and bribing us with stuff. So I have a really bad relationship with my him, it's kind of awkward to be around him.

4. My social skills have gone down a lot. At first I had a ton of friends and then in about 7th grade I guess I stopped trying to make friends and now I'm down to like 3 really good friends and a couple acquaintances. But I don't think that has to do anything with my parents unless you count their lack of wanting to do things so much. It might have made me a little lazy.

By the way I'm 14. So my mom is 44 now and my dad is 60.

Source(s): My life

1. Age of your parents when you were born? both 19

2. How you adjusted/behaved in school in your first year? I did well I think haha

3. Describe relationship with your parents. We get along pretty well most of the time. My mom and dad split though so I don't see my dad much.

4. How were your social skills in your first year of school? And how are they now? Good, I played with other kids. I'm very sociable now too

1. Age of your parents when you were born? Mom was 32 and dad was 38

2. How you adjusted/behaved in school in your first year? I was good I think.

3. Describe relationship with your parents. My mom is a pretty strict parent but we get along well and my dad is less strict and we also get along well but I live with my mom.

4. How were your social skills in your first year of school? And how are they now? I've always been a very social person.

My parents had me, their first born, at age 36. The only people I know who had a kid in their 40's were accident. My oldest friend and her siblings were born from 1960--77. I'd hate that.

I am handicapped: a learning disability, epilepsy and poor eyesight. My poor social skilled culminated years of ridicule. However, after high school, I became a lot better than ever.

My parents were in their 30s when they had me. Therye in their late 40s now. In my first year I was quiet and got good grades. I am very close to my parents. I can tell them anything. I'm a nice person and don't like to be rude.

1. Dad 21 and mom 19

2. I was crazy

3. Great

4. I had good social skills, now I have bad

i want younger parents, u know because they're less strict.

1.) parents age: mom:50,dad:51 step dad:54 / i was born August 6th, 1994

2.) pretty much OK.

3.) we're gettin there. a lil better.

4.)quiet/still quiet but i have older friends now.

• Leanne

1. 37

2. Badly Had been kept at home and rarely mixed with other kids

3. Lets not even go there

4. Then - Very shy and self-conscious.

Now - outwardly confident, inwardly fairly shy and self-conscious.

1.39 and 45

2.well, teachers and my parents said i was always polite but quiet

3.close with my mum with emotional stuff, things that i wouldnt want to tell my dad about

4.i was quite social, with lots of friends, bow i have a tight freinship gruop of about 6-7 people

1. Mom- 26; Dad- 30

2. Fine

3. Mom- good/fine; Dad- shitty

4. They were fine, now they're not.