Belgian malinois vs German shepherd vs Border collie vs Australian shepherd vs Australian cattle dog?

Just wanted to ask about these 5 breeds. I know these dogs all require alot of exercise, mental stimulation and training. But just how much exercise do they really need? I plan on getting a dog soon and I have looked at alot of breeds. I decided that the bully breeds have a seriously bad reputation and I don't... show more Just wanted to ask about these 5 breeds. I know these dogs all require alot of exercise, mental stimulation and training. But just how much exercise do they really need? I plan on getting a dog soon and I have looked at alot of breeds. I decided that the bully breeds have a seriously bad reputation and I don't want people to dislike me because I have a breed with a bad rap. Plus bully breeds apparently are not good guard dogs and most are very bulky and large. So I decided to look more at the herding breeds. I picked these 4 herding breeds because I have heard alot of good things about them. Also I want a smart dog and herding dogs are! So can you tell me your personal preference on these 4 breeds? I like that they are all smart, agile, fast and I have heard they make good protection dogs (mainly the Belgian and German shepherd).

Can anyone tell me how trainable these dogs are and which you think is the smartest?Which is the best for protection and guarding, besides the malinois. Which is the best for someone who likes to jog? And last, could I have one of these dogs if I did my research and never had a dog before? I plan to train the dog in obedience and I will be able to give about 3 hours of exercise a day. But the dog will have to be at home by itself for about 7 hours unfortunately. Unless I can get approval to take my dog to school with me, which probably wont happen. All good answers are accepted and much appreciated :D