I really regret my twin daughters names?

I have beautiful 34-month old twin daughters. When I named them, I thought the names were beautiful and really feminine. A lot of people were against the names I chose, but I really loved them.

After hearing jokes about their names so many times now, I'm really regretting it. The jokes are often quite rude and extremely inappropriate considering they are babies.

Is it too late to change their names?

Their names are Vagena and Vadgesty.

Thanks for the advice... now to choose new names. I still love their names, but I have heard so many jokes and people being rude and I don't want them to deal with that.

It's better to change their names late than never. For Vagena, you can name her something with a similar sound, such as Regina. For Vadgesty, you can try to find a name ending in -esty. I cant think of any except for Majesty or just Esty (Estee, Estie, or even Esta), which are unique names, too. But naming your kids something similar to their original names, such as Regina and Esta, may help them not to be too confused with their new names. Hope this helps!

• Sian

People can be incredibly crude, cruel and judgmental. But with a name like Vagena, I can see why. All that needs to be done is to replace the 'e' with an 'i'; high-school kids will be all over that. I would change them both, if I were you.

If they're getting enough flack as sweet, innocent little babies then you KNOW it's going to get worse as they get older, no matter their characters.

Vagena to just Gina?

Vadgesty to... I have no idea, but I wouldn't suggest Majesty.

Hurry! It's much easier to do it now than after they enter school. It won't be free and you will probably need a paralegal. However, you may save them a lot of childhood torment. Names do effect how people are perceived. I saw a study once showing discrimination in hiring based solely on the name of the applicant. Good for you for thinking more about your children's happiness than about being right. A lot of people would do just about anything to avoid admitting they were wrong about something. You must be an excellent parent!

Source(s): OMG, I'm so gullible! You are a troll! Oh well....

I think you can legally change your name to anything at any time so I'm assuming as their guardian and the fact that they are minors you should be able to. Considering they are over 2 years old I think it will be confusing to them, they may not recognize their new names for a while.

But something to think about, people can make up rude and inappropriate jokes for almost any name.

What are their names?

• ~ A ~

You can still change their names.

And but I definitely would be changing them. They will go through a life-time of teasing with those names. So I think it's a good idea.

But you are joking, right? I mean, I read in your other questions that you use the word "vagina", so why would you actually name a kid something so close?

I smell a troll.

~ {A} ~

• Bubba

yeah change them.

those are even names?

or make them the middle names and the middle names their first names

cus as long as you live in an english speaking country, those girls will just be living in hel*.

Just imagine their nicknames in school. Just imagine everytime someone accidently mispronounces their name. Just imagine when they are called to the office on the intercom, and the secretary doen't know how to pronounce.

You're joking right? There is no way anyone would actually give their kids those names and not foresee any problems.

It's kind of late, but better to change it now then have them go through their lives with names they'll hate.

No, it is not too late to change their names by deed poll. See the link below for information....

What's their names?

No offense but I can see why...I don't think it's too late. I'm really sorry you feel that way. =/