Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 8 years ago

Anyone Own a Large Gun Safe? I have a question for owners?

I was thinking about buying a large gun safe, its big enough to fit a person inside. I just wanted to know can you generally unlock it from the inside if you get locked in? Only because I have a lot of friends who would do pranks like that and want to make sure if you did get inside is there a handle inside to get out?

Thanks

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Karle
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NO ...i have NEVER seen a single safe that had an emergency open handle on the inside of the safe.......

locking someone inside a safe is stupid ......and would be illegal since would fall under kidnapping/ false imprisonment statutes in EVERY state...not to mention federal kidnapping laws..

** btw NONE of my "friends" know the combination to my safes....and i don't keep "friends" that would be stupid enough to pull this prank...

*** now if u want a way to prevent ureself from getting locked in...just keep the safe locked....and when u do open it when friends are around simply extend the bolts (so combo has to be re-entered to close the door)

• C_F_45
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'm 6'2" and one of mine is large enough to stand inside, but there isn't any way I'm aware of to lock yourself inside, or get out if someone else locked you in.

I have a lot of friends who would do pranks like that:

A better class of "friends" would be one solution.

If you're like most of us, within short order that safe will be full anyway and you'll be looking for another.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I have a safe that is big enough to fit people inside. It is just so full of guns that there is no more room. I need to alternate barrel up/barrel down to get them all in there.

• 8 years ago

Not only would this be extremely stupid, (to lock someone in a safe) but it may actually be criminally stupid.

Some quality gun safes are almost air tight. Putting someone inside of one may cause them to asphyxiate. If you have friends that may do this, please find some new friends.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Spend some time checking with different safe makers about their products. I suspect there may be no way to open a safe from the inside. The way to protect yourself is to never open the safe when your "friends" are around.

• 8 years ago

A person shouldnt fit inside if its got guns in it.

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

There is no release on the inside of the safe.

• 8 years ago

Idiots that would pull a prank like that and their friends shouldn't own guns, much less a gun safe.

• 8 years ago

The sad thing is that people like that all too often manage to survive long enough to breed.

• 8 years ago

There is no way to unlock a gun safe from the inside.

So a really good prank would be to convince someone that you CAN unlock a gun safe from inside, put them in it, then listen to the screams as they realize they cannot get out from the inside.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.