Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 9 years ago

Boyfriend does not let me wear thigh high boots?

I'm a fashionista and I adore clothes. I think over the knee and thigh high boots are really cute and I wear them with lace leggings, skinny jeans, and skirts. He says I look trashy in them and he threw one pair in the salvation army. I do not want to make him angry because he has a temper. What other boots are fun and cute for this season. I like mid calf boots and he is okay with them too. However, he does not like too high heels. I usually wear 5 inch pumps. Does anyone have any alternatives? Thanks you :)

Normally I would agree that you shouldn't let a guy decide what you can and can't wear.. but in this one instance, he's right. Anything over the knee is reserved for strippers and hookers. Same with 6inch pumps, lol. Even 5 is pushing it.. :s

You can look cute without looking like a slut... O.o

My Opinion:

Your boyfriend is absolutely correct, those are sooooooo trashy. Especially with what you wear with them. ANY kind of boot is better than that. If it snows where you are, the new thing is short little super furry boots, but if you're such a "fashionista" you would know what the h*** is new. Come on now.

The Truth:

Tell your boyfriend to go f*** himself. If you wanna wear high "trashy" boots, then take that style and run with it. Not only that, but prance around with it. You need to be able to express yourself in every way possible, and if you like to express it through style then he needs to just get over himself.(:

The reason why I posted both my opinion and the truth is because you need to know not to give a f*** what people say or feel about things, because what you wanna do is your decision, NOT theirs.

Hope I helped!(:

<3

Source(s): Common Sense ;)
  • ?

You need to listen to what he says, he can see other men looking at you, you need to dress far more modestly - boots to the knee are fine with stockings and skirts - as are high heels as they show you are feminine

Here's an alternative : dump him ! Don't pet a guy control what you wear !? It's your body, not his. And saying you don't wanna make him mad because of his temper scares me. Leave him girl, yo can do better

1 st off dont let him throw your stuff away 2 nd off if he has an temper kick his a** to the curb 3rd express yourself you sound pretty trust me there will be more guys

Don't date someone that tries to make you wear what he wants. He should like you for you anyways, not what you wear. Don't listen to him!

he wants to see more of you, try wearing nothing

don't listen to him..