Are most straight men just homophobic by nature?

Ok so I was thinking about this question as I am actually not very homophobic compared to a lot of guys I know. I think people should be able to choose who they like no matter what. However the other day I was walking down the street and I saw two gay guys kissing and I quickly looked away almost freaked out.... show more Ok so I was thinking about this question as I am actually not very homophobic compared to a lot of guys I know. I think people should be able to choose who they like no matter what. However the other day I was walking down the street and I saw two gay guys kissing and I quickly looked away almost freaked out. Afterwards I felt kind of ashamed that I reacted like that.
I started wondering if I was homophobic, and came up with the theory that straight men are homophobic by nature. I wasn't grossed out by the fact that they were 2 guys but surprised, I am actually kind of grossed out when 2 straight people kiss in public as it is to me, too much pda.
I think however that as a guy, I am attracted to girls naturally and unattracted to guys naturally and therefore when I see two guys doing something that could be sexual it makes me uncomfortable. However when two girls do something sexual it doesn't get that much attention because since straight men are turned on by females then it turns them on. If guys didn't have this natural tendency to see gay as being wrong then there would be more bisexual/gay people. And if there was too many gay people then reproduction (as a natural occurrence) would not happen as often and it would mess up human nature. Kind of how naturally people are not usually inclined to sleep with family members. It is just natures way of having humans recognize its wrong.
What do you think? I know this comes off as a defense for homophobia but its really not, Im just trying to put the pieces together.