What type of figure skating blades should I get?

I am getting new skates and blades, and i have already decided the skate but am still thinking about the blade. I want the price range to be about $200-$400. I need something that will last about a year and won't get worn out too quickly. I also want a good toepick for high jumps. I skate 6 times a week and i am currently working on double sal, double toe, and double loop. I have landed my axel, unclean double sals, and double loops. I am thinking about getting a lower end paramount blade (the uncolored one) but I am still not sure yet. What do you think would be a good blade for me?

Cornation ace. I am the same level and mine have lasted 3 years and they still work fine.

I would recommend the Legacy blade, which I have. It's a good blade for all double jumps and flying spins. I'm maybe just a bit below your level, but this blade suits me quite well for what I'm doing right now. It has crosscut picks.

• Tina

you are right in your blade choice, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PARAMOUNT. pattern 99 never did it for me because you literally have a blade sticking out of nowhere and you feel like you are on your toes. another good blade is called matrix, not sure of the cost. if i were you i'd go with the paramount or matrix because it is a lightweight blade and i do feel the difference

Im my figure skating vlub we swear by the Pattern 99 blades. half of our senior skates have them and have had no problems at all. Thats the blade I have.

• ?

you may ask your coach or the guy you purchased it from, as stated above. Or, you may pass to Google, lookup the producer website, and consider out the blades on there.