Here's the MILLION DOLLAR question ...Can a Christian and a Atheist become friends?

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY OR WHY NOT? Serious answers only...Thanks in advance

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think if both are passionate in their views, eventually they will stop being friends. Atheists are actively against God, Christians love and worship God. Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers, the Bible says.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes. Belief in a higher power is a personal choice. The vast majority of both Christians and Atheists do not let their affiliation and beliefs dictate their entire lives. They often just agree to disagree on that one matter of their lives. Now a fundamentalist christian and a staunch anti-theist would have a hard time getting along, but even they might find some common ground somewhere.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Of coarse in fact that is a way to proof that Jesus is our Creator for atheist are really people in search for truth that is why they are always in this section and rather than the blah blah blah on this yahoo you could sit down and show the thousands of years of evidence that proofs without a doubt that the Holy Bible is the Only words of Our Creator Atheist on yahoo just blurt out their emotions so too become Friends you could make them use their brain and show them how ignorant they have become in their thinking by emotions only and teach them too think with their brain instead see atheism is a empty religion built on only speculations Jesus is God who spoke all into existence you tell me who would win the debate

• Sídhe
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

How can we give you a serious answer to such a non-serious question?

Why wouldn't a Christian and Atheist be able to be friends? Are you so wrapped up in yourself that you can't be friends with someone who believes differently than you? You must not have a lot of friends then.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Happens all the time.

My group of friends in High School was like the stereotypical religious joke.

It included a Hindu, a Muslim, a few Jews, a few Atheists, a Catholic, a Greek Orthodox, and a couple non-denominational Protestant Christians

The key ingredient is ACCEPTANCE OF DIFFERENCE

• 8 years ago

christianity leaves us christians with the task of preaching the gospel.. and a christian friend of an atheist definitely will try to talk about religion.. and atheist will deny the very existence of a God..

that being said.. i think they can become friends :) but staying friends will need work :)

• 8 years ago

Yes, I have several christian friends. See, as mature people we can respect each others right to believe differently and leave it at that. It seems that christians are the ones who cannot accept us, not the other way around.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No they cannot.

Quran 4:139 translation

Those who take disbelievers as friends instead of the believers. Do they seek with them honor [through power]? But indeed, honor belongs to God entirely.

Quran 4:144 as well.

Why quran? Because God says so.

An atheist friend will try all he can and make his christian friend an atheist and vice versa.

But even an christian cannot help the atheists because John 16:12-15 and Jesus only came to the lost sheep of the house of israel. If you believe not in jesus but in paul... then you'll be one with the pagans.

The only ones that a person can take as a friend are the following:

Quran 5:55 translation

Your friend is none but God and [therefore] His Messenger and those who have believed - those who establish worship and give alms, and they bow [ie humble themselves].

• 8 years ago

Yes. I'm a Christian and I've got many friends who are Atheist. We respect each others beliefs and leave it at that.

:)

Victoria

• 8 years ago

All Christians were atheists at some stage in their life, and will give birth to atheist children - who of course will be groomed to share their parents faith, but this does not happen overnight.

• fieger
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

For 10 million, i might want to homicide all of my acquaintances and kinfolk so i does not want to cajole every person. purely kidding, i might want to do not have any difficulty mendacity to all of us for a million three hundred and sixty 5 days as long as i might want to describe after that one three hundred and sixty 5 days what fairly exceeded off. Then i might want to purchase all of them autos as an apology.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.