*10 PTS FOR GOOD ADVICE* My best dude friend is acting distant suddenly???!?

I dunno he keeps acting pretty weird lately. Here are the basics: ~He told me he liked me during the summer. ~A bunch of people insist upon the fact that we like each other. ~I’ve told him that I like another person before. ~He asked me to homecoming as friends, but he was a terrible date. ~At homecoming, he... show more I dunno he keeps acting pretty weird lately. Here are the basics:
~He told me he liked me during the summer.
~A bunch of people insist upon the fact that we like each other.
~I’ve told him that I like another person before.
~He asked me to homecoming as friends, but he was a terrible date.
~At homecoming, he didn't dance with me but instead danced with like 3 other chicks, didn't compliment my outfit, always was just awkwardly standing there, and spent most of the night looking for this one chick to ask out.
~He seems to be the person that always needs a gf.
~He likes to bring up other girls to me sometimes when I talk about the dude I like.
~On school trips he always wants us to sit together.
~Everyone says he makes advances on me like this one time where he wanted me to put my head on his shoulder.
~If he really is “flirting” im pretty oblivious considering I’ve never had a bf before.
~When I bring up the person I like, he abruptly ends the conversation with something else.
~We always say we love each other as friends.
~When he asked me to homecoming, he brought up his gf, but a couple weeks later he denied ever having a gf.
~We went to go see a band that we’re both obsessed with which took 5 hours to get there in a car.
~For the past week we haven’t been talking much at all since the concert.
~I’m planning on confronting him Monday but for now I just want third party opinions.
~I’m pretty quiet, and usually don’t initiate conversation.
~Am I doing anything wrong or is it just me??!
~I’m not being a stupid paranoid little girl because I like him, its because he's honestly a really good friend and I don't want anything messing up this really nice friendship.
~LOL. Ok no he's not strange at all. Well he can be odd at times and he admits it, but I'm equally just as weird, and i find his oddness adorable and like his endearing quality. And about the low self esteem, it's because he comes from a sorta bad home :p
~did i mention i have a big older protective brother that he's scared of lol
~I DON'T LIKE HIM. I LIKE ANOTHER DUDE. 'N HE KNOWS IT.
Update: ~I SAID I WOULD CONFRONT HIM MONDAY. UFF!