I don't have any friends?

Okay I went to college with my best friend an all I have is second hand friends, my best friend has a good amount of friends whim I just piggy back off and become friends with also. My best friend started going here a year before me and this is the end of my first semester here and I haven't ONE single friend... show more Okay I went to college with my best friend an all I have is second hand friends, my best friend has a good amount of friends whim I just piggy back off and become friends with also. My best friend started going here a year before me and this is the end of my first semester here and I haven't ONE single friend of my own. I'm like Robin and she's Batman or something I hate it, I hate the feeling.The reason hwy this is hitting me hard now is because my best friend's friend made a joke about how no one would text me anyway when I was defensive about another friend picking up my phone; that moment made me realize that I barley have any friends in general. I'm a bit of a shy insecure person so it takes me THE longest to warm up to people. I desperately want my own friends but I'm to insecure and awkward to find them any advice?
Update: thanks Julia =)
9 answers 9