Do you believe Santa is actually Satan?

I want to start by saying, I grew up with the myth of Santa Claus for Christmas. I just recently was lead by the Lord to research a little more on this figure known as Santa Claus, St. Nick, Father Christmas, Lord Christmas, etc... Since I am now a father of my own, I will not blindly follow any tradition or lie without fully understanding this. We teach our children to always tell the truth and make up absurd stories about men delivering presents on Christmas down the chimney and rabbits hiding eggs on passover(Easter). I have come to the conclusion that Santa is Satans pathetic attempt to lead our children astray from the truth, Jesus is the reason for the season. Think about it, Santa presents himself to children as a form of worship and obedience in exchange for material items and greed. He comes down the chimney into a firey pit to deliver presents instead of simply using the front door. Jesus offers eternal life in heaven and teaches it is better to give then recieve. Santa teaches it is better to recieve than give. Did you know that the traits of Santa originate from the Pagan god of thunder, Thor. Thor is described as an older man who is heavier in build, has a long white beard. His element is fire and he drives a chariot drawn by two white goats named cracker and knasher. He was the yule god. He lived in Northland (sounds like the north pole). He finds fireplaces to be sacred and descended down chimneys. His symbol is the hammer and he has worker elves. Last but not least, he is regarded as the antagonist of Christ. That is only the beggining of what I have learned. He was later combined with another myth, St. Nicholas. There is no proof that this man exists. But the myth started like this- St. Nicholas and a helper named Krampus traveled together on a sleigh to either reward or punish children. If the child was good, St. Nick gave them gifts. St. Nick was a tall and slender man not like the present day santa. On the other hand, if a child was bad, Krampus would punish children and drag them to hell. Krampus was also know as the Dark One and Black Peter for the fact that he traveled down the chimney to punish children. He was covered in soot. Krampus is also refered to as demon, evil one, the devil, and satan. He was also very fond of fireplaces, kind of like the modern day Santa. Ever wonder why we call Santa Old St. Nick. Look up Old Nick in the dictionary. The definition will astonish you. The definition of Old Nick is -devil, chief spirit of evil and adversary of God: tempter of mankind; master of hell. Have you ever noticed how much attention is taken from Christ on the celebration day of his birth? Does Santa's suit look like blood soaked sheepskin to you? Move the N to the end and it spells Satan. Isn't Claus an anogram for Lucas. Lucas is also another name for Lucifer. Or maybe you can turn Santa Claus into Satan claws. Either way, there are too many factors pointing to the devils deceitfulness on this one. Remember, Satan himself will be disguised as an angel of light. Santa seems to be a good disguise. I mean, he appears to be a good guy. Do not be fooled, Satan is very smart. He has been decieving people since the Garden of Eden. I am open to comments. These are facts I am certain of and will not change but I welcome comments. I am writing this in hopes that I may make even one person think about this. God wants all his children to share the eternal Kingdom. If this can make a difference in one persons life, it was worth it.

I looked that up, Word. That is exactly my point. Thank you for the info. God Bless!

We do still exchange gifts. We just teach our daughter about giving. She is required give gifts to charity as well. I am very careful about the values we teach. We also teach that all things belong to God and blessings and gifts can come from God as well. We must still serve Him and have a resposibility to teach the truth. We give all thanks to Jesus, He is the bearer of these gifts.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate all the comments and imput contributed. Thank you to all my Christian brothers and sisters for the extra interpretations. I meant this for informational purposes mostly and will not change my thought on this. This is not something I think is true, it is something I know to be true. A Christian should understand what it to be lead by the Holy Spirit to a correct answer. I have put a lot of thought into this and haven't come to this lightly. I was just hoping to save a few from this blasphemous tradition. Either way, I welcome all opinions. I have done all research using Google, same as many of you. I knew Santa to be evil before my search, but was curious of what I could find on the internet. My wife is with me 100% and my daughter couldn't be happier. I do not believe this will spoil Christmas, as my 2 year old daughter loves the idea of celebrating the birth of Jesus with gift exchanges and charity to others. My daughter already adores baby Je

I guess my last post was cut off at the end. My daughter already adores baby Jesus. She frequently kisses Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on our nativity scene. When she has asks about Santa due to TV advertisements, we tell her that he is make believe just like Dora the Explore and other cartoons. She excepts this answer and doesn't seem to lack imagination due to it. She is excited about Christmas as a celebration of the birth of Christ and will tell you that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. We are very proud parents. I didn't know this fact until I was in my 20's.

Favorite Answer

"Santa" did get many characteristics from Coca Cola and Dicken's a christmas Carol - like rosy cheeks and jolly laugh. He didn't come from St. Nicholas, probably, but he did borrow many traits from older religions.

"Santa" was even a common name for Nimrod (the first prominant sun-god) in Asia Minor according to Langer's Encyclopedia of World history.

Besides figgy pudding and the Dickens-additions, most Christmas traditions (trees, yule logs, candy canes, wreathes, gifts, the madonna and child with halos around heads, etc) have orgins with either Babylon or other cultures who took up after, most notably among them Egypt and the druids.

"Because the saint's life is so unreliably documented, Pope Paul VI ordered the feast of Saint Nicholas dropped from the official Roman Catholic calendar in 1969." ("Santa Claus" Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 99)

Nicholas' existence is not attested by any historical document, so nothing certain is known of his life except that he was probably bishop of Myra in the fourth century. . .

("Nicholas, Saint" Encyclopaedia Britannica 99)

"Thor was the god of the peasants and the common people. He was represented as an elderly man, jovial and friendly, of heavy build, with a long white beard. His element was the fire, his color red. The rumble and roar of thunder were said to be caused by the rolling of his chariot, for he alone among the gods never rode on horseback but drove in a chariot drawn by two white goats (called Cracker and Gnasher). He was fighting the giants of ice and snow, and thus became the Yule-god. He was said to live in the "Northland" where he had his palace among icebergs. By our pagan forefathers he was considered as the cheerful and friendly god, never harming the humans but rather helping and protecting them. The fireplace in every home was especially sacred to him, and he was said to come down through the chimney into his element, the fire." (Guerber, H.A. Myths of Northern Lands. New York: American Book Company, 1895, p. 61)

Sinterklaas was adopted by the country's English-speaking majority under the name Santa Claus, and his legend of a kindly old man was united with old Nordic folktales of a magician who punished naughty children and rewarded good children with presents. ("Santa Claus" Encyclopaedia Britannica 99)

As for the Dec 25th date, that stems back to the time of Nimrod, and every iteration of sun-worship holidays afterwards as the language/people were divided afterwards. (Horus, Tammuz, Molech, Mithra, Saturn, Kronos, Baal, etc). It was chosen by the Catholic church in an attempt to convert the pagans. The best Biblical support (and recent astronomical finds, very cool) point to late September. Christ actually could NOT have been born in winter, as there were sheep out in the fields.

There are many reasons Christians should not embrace Christmas: if the two biggest holidays the Christian community celebrates are known to just about everyone (except christians it seems) as pagan knock-offs - the Bible loses all credibility. No one is going to listen to a lecture on textual critisicm or archeology, personal testimonies, the evidence from history or eyewitness accounts, from geology or astronomy, etc - if all it looks to be on the surface is yet another iteration of the sun-god festival that cares more about presents and tree decoration than truth.

By analogy: if I were going to celebrate someone's birthday, and didn't know when it was - I wouldn't arbitrarily pick the day of a guy they hated and who tried to overthrow them and who had children burnt alive. Nor would I celebrate it with the other guy's favorite colors and decorations and presents, and then invite my friend to the celebration so he could watch everyone pretend the whole shebang was about him while we ignored what he had asked us to be about doing to begin with.

"The day was not one of the early feasts of the Christian church. In fact the observance of birthdays was condemned as a heathen custom repugnant to Christians," The American Book of Days, by George W. Douglas.

As to Santa being Satan: Nimrod/Gilgamesh attempted to overthrow God in anger because of the flood, and it was probably Nimrod who commisioned the tower of Babel (in apocryphal writings, in attempt to escape any future worldwide floods). And "It was Thor who in the last days of heathenism was regarded as the chief antagonist of Christ." Scandinavian Mythology

In certain German children’s games, the Saint Nicholas figure itself is the Dark Helper, a devil who wants to punish children, but is stopped from doing so by Christ. (Renterghem, Tony van. When Santa Was a Shaman. St. Paul: Llewellyn Publications, 1995, p. 105)

Source(s): "The Two Babylons" is always a good place to start (albeit, take his anti-catholic bias with a grain of salt, but the scholarly work is pretty good). Langer’s Encyclopedia of World History "Santa" http://www.yrm.org/wrapped_xmas.htm (Overview) Davidson, H.R. Ellis. Scandinavian Mythology. New York: Peter Bedrick Books, 1982, p. 133

Here is some logic for you: If A = B and B = C then A = C. Santa doesn't exist. Thus Santa = null. Satan doesn't exist either. So, Satan = null. Therefore, Santa = Satan. Wasn't that easy ?

• word

Look up Santa clause is Satan's cause

• ?

My friend, there is no doubt that Satan is the ORIGINATOR of "Santa Claus".

Think about it. Who is supposed to get the glory during Christmas? Christ Jesus right? But who instead gets the glory because of parents LYING to their children? Santa! (Satan).

If another person or object takes glory away from Christ Jesus, then ultimately it is Satan getting the glory.

God bless you for exposing the lie of Satan Claus.

That's true

What does Santa have to do with religion. I do not remember Christmas trees or carols or snowmen or lingle bells in any of the various religions of the world. Oh yea your last edit I think the story goes the babe in the manger RECEIVED gifts from the wisemen so lighten up. Did you survive childhood with your knowledge at the time?

Where the hell have you done your research? Santa Claus was made by the Coca Cola company and Santa Claus is supposed to teach you that if you give to other, you will also be given something in return not receiving is better than giving. The reason why Santa's suit is red is because it's supposed to symbolize coca colas which are also red. The reason why Thor is considered to be the antagonist of Christ is because Christian armies would burn down Norse villages so they could spread Christianity. In this case who is the antagonist of Christ? Thor or the Christian armies that would kill thousands just so they can get others to think the way they do. There's also for evidence that Saint Nicholas was real than Jesus Christ was the son of god

Source(s): Actual Research

I am glad that you pointed this out to me. So to open my eyes more fully I decided to look around my house a bit more and I realised something else GOD = DOG. I absolutely awe struck at this revelation, and now I worship my dog. Thank you for opening my mind to the truth that rearranging letters in something s name or interpreting things allegorically I am not able to be fooled by hypocrisy and lies anymore.

Christianity is a synchretic religion.

Basically the Roman and Greek Pagans trying to make heads or tales of Jewish scriptures, making some misinterpretations & mistranslations, imposing their own Pagan understanding and traditions.

That's why Christians celebrate Christmas (the seasonal celebration actually pre-dates Jesus being put into it in the 4th century) and that's why there are so many Pagan motifs found in it.

Same thing with Easter, which didn't come out of Passover, it came out of Pagan fertility festivals.

That's the beauty of holidays... the "reason for the season" is the reason you choose to give it-- not any ascribed meaning. That's why people keep adapting and transitioning many great traditions but pretty much hold onto them.

There's no more proof for Christian Gods or Satans than Pagan Gods anyway... everyone needs to follow what they believe. You see the Santa myths in a negative light-- but for most people Santa is a very positive myth, message, a fun game, rich tradition and warm memory.

Happy holidays.

Oh and by the way, Nicholas did live in Turkey in the 4th century. He gave money to the poor for dowreys for their daughters, so they wouldn't have to sell the girls into slavery or prostitution. He was rumored to throw the money in windows at night. He was real, though. His name is where the "claus" came from (derivative of niCoLaAS)... not "claws."

Here some links to the origin of these pagan holidays

http://www.krampus.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2oTIK5Nou4

Youtube thumbnail

Also easter comes from the pagan goddess ishtar/astarte.

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1...

You don't need to lie to your kids about santa but kids love presents and giving them presents makes them happy and you feel good about yourself. If you care about the leason of giving just have your wife go with your kids to buy you something then you go out with them to buy your wife something and have them wrap the presents and put them under the tree, the presents dont need to cost a lot just have them get you something small like a tie. You get a small gift and the teach you kids about giving.