Atheists: If Someone Paid You $10 Million to Become a Christian, Would You Do It?

Okay,

Let's assume someone offered you $10 million to become a Christian for the remainder of your life. This means you begin attend church, study the bible, live your life according to Christian tenets of faith, and worship God and pray honestly (even in private).

Would you do it?

• Favorite Answer

No ,10 mill is too much money.

The bet is rigged. As such, I would need more information from the person making the offer.

First, it's impossible to get paid $10 million for a lifetime service of any sort because either: you will get the $10 million to use it before life ends or you die the instant you get the full $10 million meaning getting that last portion was pointless.

Second, there is no way to tell if someone is "praying honestly." This implies mind control, which isn't possible.

Thus, the person offering the $10 million is very gullible and I honestly wouldn't feel any remorse taking advantage of their offer.

So, yes, I would take the offer.

• Mia

No amount of money itself would make something I find totally unbelievable become actually believable. I have studied the Bible and attended Bible study in the past. Recent surveys have shown overall atheists knew more of the contents of the Bible then most Christians. I live an ethical life to the best of my ability for the real world consequences and outcomes and would say I'm as ethical as the the majority of theists I know or more. I would see no point in praying in private and if I would take the money to pretend would depend on what was involved. If it meant supporting prejudice and discrimination against other beliefs, atheists, or gay people or limiting others's rights to make their own life choices it would go against what I believe is ethical and I would not like to live my life like that even for a lot of money.

• Tao

So you're going to give me $10 million to:

-Spend an hour a week twiddling my thumbs in church. Okay.

-Study the Bible, which I already do.

No problem so far.

But.. which "Christian tenets of faith" are you talking about? Are these the same ones that average "Christians" live by? I'd suggest I already go beyond the "Christian standard" for ethical living.

The last two are the ones I'd have a real problem with. Even if I considered it possible for the Christian god to exist, that deity is morally reprehensible and not worthy of worship.

How does one honestly pray, anyway? The effects of prayer are no different than effects of meditation so it seems to me to be dishonest to assume there's some supernatural conversation going on when all you're doing is mind-body exercise. I guess in that context, I could meditate and be honest about it.

• linnea

they purely do not prepare actuality in college anymore! The pilgrims make a written settlement with The Almighty at the same time as they landed the following. that's named the Mayflower Compact. A written covenant!!! it states that this new united states of america may be equipped, and ran lower than the precepts and concepts of the gospels of Jesus Christ. era!!! That, is why we were the most lasting republic in heritage. Thank God!!! yet, the enemy has take care of to wriggle his way into our lives, purely as he did to Adam and Eve. So, to respond to your question, the in easy words ingredient which will turn this united states of america round, is God, meaning, we want to , as a united states of america, repent, and end abortions, embryonic stem cellular analyze, homosexuality, corruption, adultery, divorce, etc., and turn again to the daddy, by using His Son, Jesus Christ.relationship, it really is why we were created to commence with. the daddy is going to allow this bypass on, until eventually we get it perfect. purely examine The Bible, if God did it to His "chosen", why may everybody imagine that He doesn't do it to us??? do not imagine so? nicely, the covenant replaced into signed on 11/11/1620, and Jeremiah 11:a million-11;(5 ones in a row), tells us what takes position to a united states of america that breaks covenant with God. Hmmm!!!

• I really don't think belief is something you could buy.

Would I go through the motions for the rest of my life though? It'd take more than ten million, but maybe if the price were right.

I hate money, it's the worst thing humans have ever invented (yes, worse than sin) and considering that I'm doin' fine with what I have, no, I wouldn't become Christian for any amount of money

• Strega

No amount of money would make me happy being a christian, besides if I were to live as a true christian I'd have to give up the money anyway according to jesus and your bible.

ohhhh yeahhhh!!! theres not much i wouldnt do for 10 million dollars.

deep down id know its a lie, but honestly i think everyone could condition themselves to never question the dogmas. essentially willfully suppress ones free thought all the time. but i wouldnt go that far, but i would certainly tell you i would.

• ?

Only if I wanted something that costs $10 million. I'm pretty good for money at the moment, though.

No. I can't change who I am for any amount of money. If someone offered me real, irrefutable proof that the christian god existed, I would convert for free.