lilredmami225 asked in PetsFish · 8 years ago

what kinds of pet fresh water fish would best suite a 1.5 gallon tank?

I recently bought a 1.5 gallon tank and i wanted some fancy goldfish and wanted to get two but i didn't know they grow so big :( any other weird or cute fish you would recommend?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best answer

You have a choice of plastic fish that is it

a 1.5 gallon is to small to keep fish in return the tank get a 5 gallon tank and then cycle it make sure you have a heater and filter and Get a Betta fish...

• Ganal
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

A plastic fish. Fancy goldfish require 20+ gallons for the first and 10+ gallon for every additional fish. They are too messy and get too large to be confined to a small tank. Most tropical fish require at least 10-20+ gallons if not more.

I'd recommend you return the 1.5 gallon tank as it is useless and get at least a 5+ gallon tank. A 5+ gallon tank with a filter and heater will allow you to get a betta. A larger 10+ gallon tank will give you more options. Larger tanks are also far easier to care for as they are much more stable.

• catx
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If you still have the receipt, take the tank back and exchange it for at least a 10g.

A 5g is the minimum for any fish, and that's pretty much Betta only. A 10g you have a few more options, not a huge amount, but a few more.

The smaller the tank the HARDER it is to care for!

FYI all the numpties suggesting actual fish for this tiny aquarium should be ignored. Bettas for starters are too active for a 1.5! People who keep them in bowls or tiny tanks think its "normal" for them to just sit about - it's not!

• Sibyl
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

A 1.5 gallon tank is too small for any fish.

The smallest aquarium I would suggest keeping is a 5 gallon tank for a single betta.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Gary C
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Plastic ones, glass ones, imaginary ones.

A 1.5-gallon tank isn't big enough for live fish.

• 8 years ago

I would say one male betta or fighting fish would do good, as this fish is ok in small amounts of watter and good as a single fish, they are Farley easy to take care of as long as you clean their tank out once a week and keep a regulated Temperature of around 70-80 degrees F. they Manley eat betta Food or fish meat in other words and blood worms, feed them once every two days or once a day if you want. that depends on how big you want the fish to get. they can live a few years if taken care of properly, but don't put the tank near a mirror where the fish can see itself, it can attempt to Attack its reflection and hurt itself on the glass/plastic of the tank.

• Get a Betta and/or some ghost shrimp. A 1.5 gallon is waaaaay to small for any type of goldfish!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Dead/Rotting fish.

• 8 years ago

Best bet would be to get some red cherry shrimp.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I would recommend a half moon betta

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.