Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 8 years ago

is santa real, who's putting presents under the tree? i must know the truth, is it my parents?

i need to know, i must know. i been wondering for to long. is it my parents. or is Santa. who is eating and drinking the milk and cookies who puts the presents under the tree. I MUST KNOW!

• Favorite Answer

About 60% of the people you meet will say he does not exist.

About 40% of the people you meet will say he does exist.

Now, those 60% of people clearly don't believe. Perhaps the crazy thought of his existence is too magical and make-believe, and to them, it is clear and quite obvious that such a man cannot exist. Or, as they grew up, their parents did not believe in Old Saint Nick and that doubt of his existence spread right down to those other 60% of people. Really, I think it's all about distribution of disbelief.

Now, for the 40%. All I can say is that people say "yes". And sometimes they have sightings and evidence to back it up. It's as simple as that.

But you may notice that the ratio is not 50/50. More people don't believe, and this number of those individuals grow each year. It's like the existence of God, or a god; now, no one believes in one as science has successfully proven other-wise.

Now, I will admit that the idea of Santa clause seems made-up or even childish. Even the fact that mathematically in order to reach all believer's homes he must enter 1,178 homes per second is a bit astonishing. But I'm not saying he is not real. Honestly, I am not sure if he truly does still exist or not. For me, there's a 75% chance that he does not exist, but there's still 25% percent left for the thought of accepting his existence. And I'm not going to stop believing until the non-real percentage reaches 100%, which I think will never happen.

I think that it is highly likely that this man DID exist long ago, and did use to give poor children presents. And this created the thought of Santa Claus. But does he still exist and do this today? How can he? As a child, do you think your parents would sneak out and buy you all of those presents even if they couldn't afford them? Well, only if they (or you) didn't believe. In many families, Santa brings gifts to the parents as well. It's just very rare as parents, having a mind that thinks logically, do not often believe in a man like this.

If someone says there is no Santa, he or she clearly does not believe. And what happens when you don't believe? He does not come to your house. There. A perfect set-up for someone to be sure that he does not exist. But if you don't believe, you will actually never know if he really does exist. If you do believe, he will come, but you may never have pure evidence that it actually was him, not your parents. But when you don't believe, your percentage of likely-hood of his existence immediately drops to a 0%, where if you do believe, it should be between a 100%-1%. Remember, you still believe until you reach a 0%.

So my advice to you is to really do what you want. If you want him to be real, believe. If you don't, don't believe. Ignore anyone who tells you what they believe, because what they say is not fact... it is opinion. As we get older, we tend to loose faith in his existence, and eventually our default answer to whether he exists or not will be "no". This is shown in any TV show or Movie that denies Santa Claus's existence. If you search Santa up on Wikipedia or in the Dictionary it will most likely denise his existence because both of those sources are logically driven. (By the way, children finding other's opinions in trustworthy sources like the internet or dictionary is one of the most common ways for a child to stop believing in Santa Claus).

The real answer of whether he exists or not will still be present, but I think we will never truly know it. No one will ever have 100% accurate evidence that he does not exist, but then again, it is rather unlikely that someone will be able to find 100% accurate evidence that he DOES exist. It's a tricky concept to wrap your mind around, but if you think about it for a while, it will all come back to the same answer: We will never know.

So, that is why I tell you to believe what you believe. Do what you think is right. I believe in Santa Claus, and guess what: he HAS come. There; proof from a believer. And how likely is it that a non-beleiever will believe the believer? Well, the non-believer can't see Santa for evidence, so the believer in this scenario would be a little stuck getting the non-believer do believe, don't you think? Unfortunately, that's how our life is working now. It's much easier to get people not to believe than to get them TO believe.

So, here's what's going to happen: If you don't believe, he won't come. If you do, well, we will see what happens. We will see what happens...

Little trolls just like YOU (; come into your room every year, give you a kiss, look in your underwear door and out out of guilt, leave you presents and to cover their tracks, eat the cookies and drink the milk to make it look like Santa actually likes you enough to bring you anything.

• bares

unquestionably, you're surprising in some strategies. there improve right into a guy named Saint Nicholas who lived previously, and unquestionably dropped off 3 luggage of gold at a guy's residing house so as that he might desire to marry off his daughters. that's resembling how "Santa Claus" provides provides to babies as we communicate. Saint Nicholas' call later developed into Santa Claus (see an analogous sounds?). anyhow, you're surprising in away.

he's real, do you really think your parents would buy you all those nice gifts for nothing? Santa is about believing, not seeing. SO BELIEVE IN HIM!

Source(s): even tho you're 17 and a half. (saw your other "how old am i" question)

no man were did you get the idea from, santa is 100% real

Hey, if you don't believe in Santa, he won't believe in you. So if you don't believe he won't come to your house. And yes, Santa is real and very much alive.

Source(s): I believe :)

It's Santa Claus. i accidentally hit him with my car once. but the insurance figured it out.

Santa is real

santa is a lie this name is a mde up name there is no one eating ur cookies but ur parents santa is a name made up and dont believe in santa he is fake he will not brink u present !!!!!!! take my advice vry good?

Thats so stupid!!! Santa is real(:!!!!! I saw him before eating my cookies!!