How old were you when you found out "the truth" about Santa?

I was in fifth grade and I was in bed trying to go to sleep and I just couldn't! I looked at the clock and it was around 2 am or so and I kept hearing these really loud noises coming from downstairs. Then I thought, "Ooh! Santa's here!!!!" so I rushed downstairs into the living room. Then I saw my parents..... They were dragging all of the Christmas presents from the basement and into the living room!! Then they explained to me the truth! Now that was depressing!! How about you? When and how did you find out? :o)

Favorite Answer

ha ha. To be honest with you no one ever told me. I figured it out by myself when I was around 7 years old. I went to my parents and said that Santa does not exist. But, they insistently said he did but I confronted them and said he DOESN'T, then I asked them why they kept lying and they said they did because kids need to have something in which to believe.

• ?

About 6 years old when my parents started telling the History of Santa Claus. You want to know some thing that made no difference because it made him exist in our minds, hearts and souls, so to us he is just as real as those men in History have been. It gave Santa Claus a different kind of meaning.

I can't really remember a time where I actually believed in Santa or the Tooth Fairy or any of that stuff, I was always pretty sure he didn't exist but I had never been able to catch my parents at it. For me it was as if there was an unspoken agreement with my parents to pretend he was real, like when relatives were visiting they'd be like "Do you believe in Santa?" and I'd look at my parents and they'd be smiling at me like "Say yes if you want your presents"

• I don't remember how old I was, but one of my friends was talking about on the bus how she found out because she got boots from "Santa" and when someone complimented them, he mother said they were from Sears. But I told her that my mom said Santa was real and that she would never lie to me. I then went home and told my mom this story (though it sounds like it, I was not asking if Santa clause was real, i just tell my mom everything). She felt guilty and told me. I was heartbroken :-(

i improve into 6 and that i improve into mad at my mothers and fathers approximately mendacity to me for consequently long. i've got heard all the excuses approximately why it is not likely a lie, whether it somewhat is. I nonetheless do no longer comprehend the best thank you to handle it while my childrens see Santa contained in the shop.

Santa isn't real? Then why am I making all these toys and checking my list twice and such? It sucks when you are the last person to know you've beem downsized.

I was four years old when I figured it out.

I found out when I was seven...

My parents never told me he existed... so... 0?

whats "the truth" fake beard??