Angel
Angel asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 years ago

Hindi/Urdu to English Translation - What does the word "jaan" mean?

I have a friend from Saudi Arabia. We have a very close friendship and he already admitted that he likes me. Yesterday he suddenly called me "jaan". I asked him what it means but he teases me, saying that he can't tell me lol. He said that he likes calling me as "his jaan".

I'm really flattered that I have a special name now, but i really wanna know what jaan means. English translation please? And plus points for some explanations. :D

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Hi there Madzzz ;),

Lol, He's calling you 'His Jaan' ? Hehe :D

The word 'JAAN' actually means - LIFE. so when someone calls you 'Jaan' or their 'Jaan' - they mean

you're their life - they mean they care for you and love you. Jaan usually means darling or sweetheart and is referred to one's close and dear ones.

Source(s): Love is in the air ;), Make sure he really mean it. Hehehe :D
  • coday

Urdu To English Translation

• Ridha

Jaan means life.

Jaan means sweetheart or honey. It's an affectionate nickname that can also follow ones name, as in "Sofie jaan."

exact translation of it is life.

u said to the one u love