Dog howls and whines whenever i leave the house?

my dog will not stop howling and whining whenever i leave the house. We leave her treats, toys, kong balls with stuff inside of them, food and water. When we leave, she refuses to play with her toys and she refuses to eat or drink. She just whines and whines and with the complaints i am getting im going to have to... show more my dog will not stop howling and whining whenever i leave the house. We leave her treats, toys, kong balls with stuff inside of them, food and water. When we leave, she refuses to play with her toys and she refuses to eat or drink. She just whines and whines and with the complaints i am getting im going to have to get rid of her if she doesnt stop immediately. Recently i tried crate training because of the howling and the fact that she destroys everything in the house. She even chewed a hole in the carpet while i was gone. But again, she wont touch her toys or food. Now that shes in the crate, the howling has gotten worse and shes banging around in the crate to the point that she has injured herself. Please help.
Update: by the way, to the person who said that we are being neglectful by leaving her alone and that she needs to be rescued from us, WE did rescue her. when we got her, she was 30lbs underweight and she was beat, abused, and locked in a bathroom for the first year of her life. she is only a year and a half old now, so... show more by the way, to the person who said that we are being neglectful by leaving her alone and that she needs to be rescued from us, WE did rescue her. when we got her, she was 30lbs underweight and she was beat, abused, and locked in a bathroom for the first year of her life. she is only a year and a half old now, so she is still adjusting to having people who actually feed and take care of her. i believe that she acts out when we leave because shes not used to having someone who loves her and takes care of her like we do, and when we leave she feels like she is once again going to be subjucted to those past memories.
and what are you trying to say? that people who have jobs and who have a life arent alowed to have dogs?
13 answers 13