Angel
Angel asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 years ago

Translation: Hindi/Urdu to English?

One of my friends from KSA posted this for FB status:

"AY ALLAH PAK, jab maine tujh se

nahi manga tab bhi tu ne mujhe

ataa kiya … tou ye kaise mumkin

hai k main tujh se mangon or tu

ataa na kare...////"

I want to know what it means. 10 pts for the best Hindi/Urdu to English translation! :D

• Neha

O God(Allah), you gave me without asking...then how is it possible that when I ask you and you don't give me.

"PAK" means "pure". It's used here for Allah. I didn't use it in translation as "pure God" is usually not used in English and may sound weird to an English speaker.

"Ata" means a gift. So I translated it as "you gave me" as it seems more appropriate in English. So "giving" here means a gift(or even blessings) by Allah.

I agree with the translation of Neha but I would add to the first sentence to make it more close to the original sentence in Urdu:

Oh God (Allah) You gave me even when I didn't ask, then how is it possible that I ask and you don't give.

I also agree with Neha's explanation of ' Pak ' and ' ata ' so I don't need to repeat them.