Do atheists have a standard point of view as to how the universe and life came about?

It seems that there are just as many different "kinds" of atheists as there are denominations of nearly every religion. One believes this, another doesn't believe that. In a summed-up simple version, what are your individual takes on: The "Big Bang Theory". The general synopsis, from... show more It seems that there are just as many different "kinds" of atheists as there are denominations of nearly every religion. One believes this, another doesn't believe that.

In a summed-up simple version, what are your individual takes on:

The "Big Bang Theory". The general synopsis, from what I gather, is that people generally accept that there was apparently some huge mass (of what?) that was just "there". When someone says that to me, I feel to ask, "So it was ever-present?" Yet people deny that any deity or being could be ever-present, so that puzzles me why they think some mass of elements was always just "there". If among the laws of Science, we know that matter is neither created nor destroyed...then matter is ever-existing? Why is that easy to believe and yet so many people give a hard time to others of various religions that believe in a creator? If anything, that sounds more realistic than the above method. So this large mass blew apart somehow and formed the universe. If this mass was "always there" and ever-existing...how was anything introduced to make it unstable and blow apart, if this is all that was there to begin with? To me, that's the equivalent of saying that a house always existed...and one day it just blew apart and made a lot of mansions....yet no explosives were placed in it and there was nothing to cause it. Now, I know that many people would say, "Just like the stars blow apart..." or "It became unstable..." Now wait a minute...presumable, this is ALL that there was before there was a universe. So there was no stars, black holes, unstable supernovas, etc. if my understand of most people's thought process on the Big Bang Theory is correct. What caused the explosion.

Scientifically, why do we have a planet earth (pitched at an exceptional angle for the sun) that supports life in the middle of a bunch of planets that have no life and conditions that are so harsh that we wouldn't last a second there? Yet wouldn't all of these planets in our local solar system, being in the same vicinity as one another and presumably coming from the same makeup material...be similar?

Then we get to the life itself. Something blew apart, formed the universe, etc. Now we have water, hydrogen, oxygen, etc. We can mix that together in a laboratory...is that going to form living life when mixed together, even in the proper proportions? Is that suggesting that something came from nothing? Or if life was "already existing" as bacteria, etc. (ever-living bacteria, too??) on the so-called mass before the big bang...where did that life originate?

I am looking for a strictly scientific basis and support for this. I personally believe in a creator because I look at the people who quote things like the above and think, "What? You think I'm nuts and you're telling me about ever-present materials, spontaneous events out of nowhere on an "ever-existing" mass, etc.?"

I don't try to force my beliefs onto others. So, I would prefer that we leave the religious aspect out of it and all of the childish comments knitpicking out of it (I'm sure that will show up at some point, no matter what). Scientifically speaking, what proof of these things are there? Do you have specific, documented sources?
Update: Christian Skeptic - "No. Atheism only has to do with God's or gods' nonexistence. What you want to know about is astronomy and biology." So with that being the case...atheism tries to deviate from discussing origins at all and using the "I don't know" approach? If God doesn't... show more Christian Skeptic - "No. Atheism only has to do with God's or gods' nonexistence. What you want to know about is astronomy and biology."

So with that being the case...atheism tries to deviate from discussing origins at all and using the "I don't know" approach? If God doesn't exist, then wouldn't atheists not be searching for "the truth" to find out who and what does exist and how we came about?
Update 2: Iwalkeverywhere - Not quite. A search of Abiogenesis just leads me to about 15 different theories. Everything goes back to a "theory".
Update 3: Iwalkeverywhere - Not quite. A search of Abiogenesis just leads me to about 15 different theories. Everything goes back to a "theory".