account verification email...spam or real?

received email from "Yahoo" stating I had to verify my email or it would be de-activated....is this real or spam?

It is a scam (not spam). Yahoo will never ask for passwords in an email.

ℬ ℋ

No it's not spam you need verify your account. This is proof that it is your email address and not an email address that is not yours. You need to verify your account before your account can become active. Just click on the click-able link contained within the body of the email yahoo send to you.

JTSYS

If it is without the purple logo or insignia of Yahoo!, you can safely assume that it is not from Yahoo! They are from those fraudulent fellows who would like to use your personal information for fraudulent purposes. They sell them to advertisers who would like to have names and addresses of possible customers. If you send them your name and email, you will be soon flooded with spams and scams.

Others use them for criminal purposes. So be very careful. Delete them immediately! Never give them any personal information!

Is is a phishing scam, I got the same email, here is yahoo's information on phishing scams and it tells you how to determine it is fake: http://security.yahoo.com/article.html?aid=2006102... The email I received was from "someone@yahoo.com", not "yahoo-inc.com". Hope this helps.