account verification email...spam or real?

received email from "Yahoo" stating I had to verify my email or it would be de-activated....is this real or spam?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

It is a scam (not spam). Yahoo will never ask for passwords in an email.

ℬ ℋ

• 8 years ago

No it's not spam you need verify your account. This is proof that it is your email address and not an email address that is not yours. You need to verify your account before your account can become active. Just click on the click-able link contained within the body of the email yahoo send to you.

JTSYS

• 8 years ago

If it is without the purple logo or insignia of Yahoo!, you can safely assume that it is not from Yahoo! They are from those fraudulent fellows who would like to use your personal information for fraudulent purposes. They sell them to advertisers who would like to have names and addresses of possible customers. If you send them your name and email, you will be soon flooded with spams and scams.

Others use them for criminal purposes. So be very careful. Delete them immediately! Never give them any personal information!

• 8 years ago

Is is a phishing scam, I got the same email, here is yahoo's information on phishing scams and it tells you how to determine it is fake: http://security.yahoo.com/article.html?aid=2006102... The email I received was from "someone@yahoo.com", not "yahoo-inc.com". Hope this helps.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.