Why is Yahoo mail down today Feb 7 2012?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best answer

Tuesday is shopping day

• 8 years ago

I'm also "signed in" but when I click on the mail icon it kicks me back to the log in page. Looks like they are rolling out some improvements and security features, as well as a facebook tie-in. Not a big deal at this point, I will check back later, and am sure it will be repaired by then. They've been pretty solid these past 10 years... currently 9:38AM EST

• 8 years ago

So it is not just me, getting the "ymws.Server. UserOPenFailed" message? I cleared and reset Safari, dumped cookies, and still can't log into my mail. If I call Yahoo's customer service 3, and hit option 2, am told I'll be disconnected in short order. Are any of you getting the message above?

• 8 years ago

Hi Diane we have no idea but the service is suffering the so called upgrade works sometimes and not others. sometimes i get the new version and at others i get the older version so something must be a miss with these american servers yes it si all in the united states all the pop3 mail servers not here in the united kingdom.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I can login to my mail account and it says that I am signed in but it keeps prompting me to verify my password. Is anyone else having this problem? I also can't get to some of their pages like the password reset page.

• 8 years ago

Who knows. Maybe they are doing network maintenance, maybe they have been hacked by anonymous.

But my best guess is that Yahoo is rolling out a new and improved mail format.

• 8 years ago

I can't log in. it keeps returning to the password screen. I even had Yahoo reset my password by sending a code to my cell. now the old password says Incorrect password and the new password keeps returning to the log in screen.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

getting Launch TAE14 error if thats what you call it. Tried calling yahoo to no avail. I really don't know if anyone is working there. All robot computers and no human beings.......... Thanks a lot Yahoo, maybe I will go with the G-mail permanently and you loose another customer!!!!!

• 8 years ago

I tried signing in also and it says too many log in attempts please call yahoo operator. Of course I don't know the phone number and even if I did I'm sure it would be a hassle.

• 8 years ago

Couldn't have happened at a worse time, my dog is missing and this is the email I used to contact vets, shelters, etc. I hope they get it worked out soon.

• 8 years ago

same here... yahoo mail keeps asking for my password... I am SURE I am typing it correctly. Frustrating...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.