Why is Yahoo mail down today Feb 7 2012?

Tuesday is shopping day

I'm also "signed in" but when I click on the mail icon it kicks me back to the log in page. Looks like they are rolling out some improvements and security features, as well as a facebook tie-in. Not a big deal at this point, I will check back later, and am sure it will be repaired by then. They've been pretty solid these past 10 years... currently 9:38AM EST

So it is not just me, getting the "ymws.Server. UserOPenFailed" message? I cleared and reset Safari, dumped cookies, and still can't log into my mail. If I call Yahoo's customer service 3, and hit option 2, am told I'll be disconnected in short order. Are any of you getting the message above?

Hi Diane we have no idea but the service is suffering the so called upgrade works sometimes and not others. sometimes i get the new version and at others i get the older version so something must be a miss with these american servers yes it si all in the united states all the pop3 mail servers not here in the united kingdom.

I can login to my mail account and it says that I am signed in but it keeps prompting me to verify my password. Is anyone else having this problem? I also can't get to some of their pages like the password reset page.

Who knows. Maybe they are doing network maintenance, maybe they have been hacked by anonymous.

But my best guess is that Yahoo is rolling out a new and improved mail format.

I can't log in. it keeps returning to the password screen. I even had Yahoo reset my password by sending a code to my cell. now the old password says Incorrect password and the new password keeps returning to the log in screen.

getting Launch TAE14 error if thats what you call it. Tried calling yahoo to no avail. I really don't know if anyone is working there. All robot computers and no human beings.......... Thanks a lot Yahoo, maybe I will go with the G-mail permanently and you loose another customer!!!!!

I tried signing in also and it says too many log in attempts please call yahoo operator. Of course I don't know the phone number and even if I did I'm sure it would be a hassle.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time, my dog is missing and this is the email I used to contact vets, shelters, etc. I hope they get it worked out soon.

same here... yahoo mail keeps asking for my password... I am SURE I am typing it correctly. Frustrating...