John asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 years ago

Rosetta Stone Norwegian?

Is there a Rosetta Stone Norwegian? If not, can you tell me any alternatives for it. Perhaps somethings similar.

There is no Rosetta Stone Norwegian. However, there is a Norwegian learning course I found very similar to Rosetta Stone in a way. I could recommend it to you. Books bore you after a while and you need a good learning method to follow.

learn2goo.info/norw-rosetta-style.php

• oakey

Rosetta Stone Norwegian

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Rosetta Stone Norwegian?

Source(s): rosetta stone norwegian: https://tr.im/sffOl
  • RWgirl

"Teach Yourself Norwegian" actually isn't all that bad. They have some oddball contructions that you generally don't use the way they suggest and I just cringe at some of their accents (like when they give the Swedish pronuciation :S).

http://www.amazon.com/Yourself-Norwegian-Complete-...

Pimslur is also great and they do have Norwegian.

Honestly though, I recommend doing online courses with a real teacher. Grammar can be really confusing and you can't ask a book why the word order is one way in this case and another way in another case. Livemoca.com is a good place. There's also other websites (I'll update when I find them) that have really excellent teachers and the prices really aren't that bad.

The best course books at a beginner level are Ny i Norge or På Vei. I have criticisms of both, and they aren't home study for sure (unless you have a Norwegian friend), but they are actually pretty decent.

No.... consider yourself lucky, unless you are a parrot, who wishes to merely repeat words and phrases.

It does very little to encourage communication.

See my website below for some recommendations for learners of Norwegian. You might also consider KlikkNorsk, which I co-authored.