candy asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

I have been prescribed zoloft for my anxiety and panic attacks , but i feel to scared to take it?

I once took a lexapro tablet (before my anxiety/panic attacks were existent) and i felt really weird, it was only a 20mg tablet but i was spaced out and paranoid the whole day. I even had to come home from work.

My doc has prescribed me 50mg zoloft to take daily.. I am 157cms tall and 58 kgs and female.

Is this a high dosage? Today is my first day taking it and I would like to know what to expect.

Its annoying feeling anxious about something that should be helping my anxiety!!

• Amin K

The dosages of medications can appear to be high, but they differ from one to another.

The dosage of Zoloft that you are taking is more than likely appropriate for your height and weight.

If you do have any problems, do not waste any time in getting in touch with the doctor who prescribed that medication for you. If there is a reason for your dosage to be changed or another medication prescribed, your doctor will then be able to make an educated decision as to what should be done.

It matters I was on the smallest dose of Celxa I think it was and I had after effects from it for over a month and only took it a week. Everyone is different. Took Zoloft when I was younger and made me a zombie change me a person for a year. What people dont get is all meds do is mask your depression or issues. I have been through hospitals theropy tons of meds everything. Then one day I dropped all my meds and qwit being such a sissy at theropy and spoke up about my issues worked out everything. THAT helped. Zoloft ew god no. Try a GOOD excersise regimine for 4 weeks. I know 90% of Americans dont have time to work out so they pop a pill to be happy. Get off the meds do yourself a favor seriously. I have been there they just hide my issues when I stopped them my issues were still there.

Source(s): life

Can it be true that each and every single living individual has the capability to recognize their dreams just through utilizing the power of their minds? Do you are one of those individuals? The first response we currently know due to the fact that we see effective person every day however if the second response is no then you simply discover the proper way to change your life completely and this only takes place with this book Manifestation Miracle, a book that you can find here https://tr.im/Hs6zQ

Manifestation Miracle will teach you the best ways to deal with the concern: What' your perspective on yourself, your life and on others? Because, how you see yourself, your life, and the individuals you pick surround yourself with will ultimately frame how you believe ... which manages exactly what you attract ... which controls the quality, happiness, and fulfillment of your life.

There is easy knowledge in the typical saying, "Look on the brilliant side." Looking

on the bright side of life and discovering the positive will assist keep your energy and favorable vibrations.

I tried a few of the meds for Panic Attacks...I've never been on Xanax, but i was actually prescribed Prosac. I really found medication for it to be counterproductive and had a much better time overcoming it by myself. Look for comfort in people, hobbies, things-whatever. Hope you get better, Lach

The only meds that are consistenly helpful for anxiety disorders are the benzos, and they only work for a few months before you get too much tolerance to them. I would say you should get a therapist, and use benzos FOR THE SHORT term. Benzos are addictive and cause memory problems, and in some people, aggression, but if you use low doses for a short time, they may help you get enough therapy to control your anxiety problems by yourself.

the anxiety and phobia workbook by edmund bourne is a classic.

All the stuff that came out about how ineffective antidepressants are came out after he wrote the latest copy of his book. Google Kirsch antidepressants and Ioannidis antidepressants for more. you are being given a placebo that has side effects. You almost certainly will get severe sexual side effects from zoloft, which can affect your marriage, if applicable. for me, antidepressants vastly increased anxiety, which is not my main problem.

Not at all, it's a relatively small dose since you're suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. Your doctor knows everything. Listen to him. Don't be afraid. Just ride with the medication and you'll be fine.

Source(s): Medicine is a beautiful thing, because it REALLY WORKS.

your doc is stupid and I would see another

you need any valium type med to disolve under tongue when a panic attack starts, also breathe deep and slow, have stretches often and avoid rapid shallow panting

sadly so many docs have been brainwashed to prescribe antidepressants only for panic attacks. they may eventually help but take several weeks to work and for anxiety sufferers can have really horrible side effects

if antihistamines sedate you, these can be used instead of valium

go to any internet bookstorea nd order a self help book on coping with panic attacks, cheap and private

If anxiety medication is causing anxiety for you, how about checking alternative treatments? The best long term treatment for anxiety is probably cognitive behavioral therapy. If you want to learn more, this is an article about how it works. Hope it helps:

http://natural-alternative-therapies.com/cognitive...