How do I be less socially awkward around girls?

So i'm a 13 year old boy. I tend to... actually always do... have trouble talking to girls. Whenever I talk to girls I over think every single thing. I even think too much before I start a conversation! Whenever I see a bunch of girls in class or at my youth group, I desperately want to speak to them in any... show more So i'm a 13 year old boy. I tend to... actually always do... have trouble talking to girls. Whenever I talk to girls I over think every single thing. I even think too much before I start a conversation! Whenever I see a bunch of girls in class or at my youth group, I desperately want to speak to them in any way. ( I know that sounds pathetic). But even before entering the building.. I am already thinking about what I should say, and how to try to be confident and not feel insecure or self-concious; so basically, I am nervous before I even step into the vicinity of a girl. It is easier if I am talking to one that is not very pretty, though. ... but even then it is still hard. It even happens to me on Facebook! SOMETIMES a girl will start talking to me and I will not reply for like 4-5 minutes thinking of a good thing to say,, but often times I just tell the girls I have to go and appear offline. I am that insecure. This one time a girl asked me if I wanted to video chat, and I replied, "I want to but I have to go. Sorry". I am wayy too insecure. I have obviously never had a girl friend or even a meer friend of the female gender. I am desperate, and this disability to talk to girls naturally and always thinking, 'What to say next' causes me to be shy and quiet... and I am not that person. I really hate this and I don't like thinking that "I have my whole life to work it out" and "I'm young", because most of my friends my age have girlfriends. Also, I will be in high school next year, and I am worried that this will basically destroy my social life. Part of this may be because I have an overbearing mother who only babies me all the time and she often times makes me feel guilt about myself. We get into arguments at least 5 times a week. She says a lot, "You are going to be a lonely, miserable person." to me. I hate how it is with her. Also, I have a older sister who is a sophomore in High School. She has a boyfriend and somehow does not let my mom bother her. I am so jealous of that. My sister always has a perfect argument and I wish I could have that. I am a terrible arguer, and bad at expressing how I feel always. I am very upset with my life, and would appreciate any advice.
5 answers 5