Will i damage my car by taking out the rear muffler?

I have an 09 FG xr6 ute. It has a extractors, then a cat converter at the front a muffle in the middle and end. I want to make it sound louder but I was wondering if i took off the rear muffler would it hurt my car. Or is there another way to do it??

you will not hurt your car by taking rear muffler off . its probably a bolt on so unbolt it and see what you think before you decide.i have a 302 with the same set up i ended up taking the main muffler off and keeping the rear it sounds throaty nice

Source(s): i installed and made mufflers for 6 years

It will make your car use more gas and it won't pass emissions in most states but it is definitely the easiest amd cheapest way to do it. Opening up you exhaust like that can gain you extra horsepower too.

If your handy with an angle grinder and welder you can put flaps in the exhaust pipe where it goes under the car and attach a handle to create a cut out that is open and closed anytime. A buddy of mine did that to his El Camino many moons ago...

Good luck!

appropriate concern to have achieved became to take down what ever archives she took from you off of her, i might provide her a decision and ask if she reported it, reason if she did and you didnt then your insurnce might get a decision and then call you up and not be too satisfied...

get electric CUT OUTS