Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

I exercise, eat 5 small meals, drink 2L of water and can't lose weight.?

I'm a 21 female wanting to lose about 8kg, I currently fluctuate between 67 and 69 kg and I'm 170cm tall. I exercise atleast 5 days per week 1-2hours per day. My exercise consists of an hour morning jogging session and an hour after walk or 30-60 mins of dancing. I try to mix up the exercise I do in a week but stick to my dail jog. I even change up my route so my body doesn't become used to it. I also throw in some squats, lunges, crunches, abdominal exercises and arm weights in too.

Diet wise I eat 4 small meals during the day and 1 medium size meal at night. I typically eat wholegrain cereals or puffed corn with soy milk for breakfast, fruit, muesli bars, rice cakes/crackers, nuts and carrot sticks as a snack or lunch. Dinner I eat homemade stirfries, lean meat with veges etc... I also drink at least 2 L of water a day and start of my morning with a glass of water with half the juice of a fresh lemon before I exercise and eat to boost my metabolism. I also love my green tea and herbal teas without milk or sugar. I don;t cut out junk food entirely but eat it in moderation sometimes i'll allow my self 1 day of the week to indulge like have takeawy or go out for dinner or eat chocolate. I have cut out white bread, white rice and white pasta. If I wish to eat those things I eat wholegrain and seed breads, pasta and rice.

I have been doing this for the past 2-3 months and the scales haven't budged and I seem to lose 1-2kg only for it to come back on again within a week. My clothes still fit me the same I can't feel any difference. My main concern is my stomach, I would like it to be more flat. The only difference I've noticed is my thighs and calfs feel more toned but have not change in size.

I recently changed jobs in the past few months where I sit for most of the day, I have also just started up uni full time again for year. I try to be as active as my schedule permits.

I feel like no matter what I do I can't seem to lose the weight. I manged to lose 8kg at the start of last year by following the same regime but put it back from losing time to exercise from my study and the change in season to winter. This time I feel like nothing is working, I've even tried weight lose aiding products and nothing helps. I had a miscarriage a few months ago and have been very moody and depressed and not myself since then could that have something to do with it? If anyone has any suggestions on how I can drop this weight as soon as possible or tell me what I'm doing wrong I would greatly appreciate all the feed back I can get.

Favorite Answer

i know how you feel entirely. I think everyone who exercises daily or follows a strict workout routine will say this. there just comes a point where your body hauls and doesnt budge no matter what you do. I think this is just a phase...i went through the same very recently what happened was that i was at my ideal weight then i started gaining weight because i had less time to workout, i was stressed, and a little depressed etc i tried to fight back and i only ate healthily like you but i didnt allow myself to indulge on fastfoods etc. btw i think thats a great thing that you let yourself do that so keep it up no matter what. anyways i then exercised an hour everyday, running and cardio and i couldnt figure it out and it bugged me because i was also retaining water so i couldnt see whether i was losing weight or not. This went on for about 2 months and out of no where i started losing weight. i did everything the same. So the only explaination i found was that its just a phase.

Do you sleep enough? i find that when i sleep 7-8 hours i dont retain water. sleeping enough hours helps you lose weight. Also stressed people tend to also gain weight. maybe your mood changes have something to do with this. Try doing deep breathing exercises because it helps produce happy hormones which help you lose weight also. You can google happy hormones.

Over the past years of weight changes trying to lose weight and all i find that when im going through my day without constantly thinking about exercising and weight gain etc thats the time when i lose most weight- when i dont expect it. keep a tab on your stress levels and sleeping patterns. I find that if you stay stationery for too long i.e. sit for a long time it counteracts your efforts of exercising, sitting and not moving much slows down the metabolism.

• Marie

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

• F P

You're about 5'7" and 150 lbs Your weight should be between 121 lbs and 135 lbs depending on your body's structure. You must cut back on your calorie intake up to 500 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. This can increase if you exercise. Weigh yourself in the morning once a week and after you eliminate your bladder and bowels. That will give you a truer weight.

If you're familiar with hypnosis, then you've no doubt heard of Master Hypnotist Steve G. Jones. His book, "Ultimate Conversational Hypnosis" has been voted as the best hypnosis course ever made. The book is also available in electronic format at: http://www.hypnosistocontrol.net

If you want to get an edge in everyday communication and lead other people towards your goals this is a must read.

It seems that you are contributing a lot of effort and discipline in your weigh loss journey. I can't tell exactly what you are doing wrong but I've seen a lot of people fail to lose weight due to bad mindset planted in subconscious.

If you think that might be the cause then you can consider weight loss hypnotherapy. I hope my advice helps. Good luck and all the best!

Source(s): 1) Personal Experience 2) http://www.weightlosshypnosispro.com/hypnotherapy/...
  • Apathy

5 days of exercise 90 minutes at the max. Find your BMR calories and deduct 500 calories for days when you don't exercise and for days you do, eat the BMR calories. Weigh yourself once a week after waking to check weight loss progress.

to be honest the best way is not to go on a diet as ive tried them all and diet pills and they dont work lol but just change your diet and go swimming 4-5 times a week for about an hour each time it tones your tummy and all your body up wonderful too ! i lost just over 2 1/2 stone since may its great and i eat loads too im just eating the right foods but instead of swimming try aqua arobics its great and really fun ! great question goodluck ! with lots of fruit and veg and try experimentimg with all the low fat foods you will be amazed how tasty some of them are goodluck :0)

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

remember these five essential smoothie ingredients frozen berries a banana skim milk a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of psyllium seed husks

Teach your kids your favorite sport (or have them show you theirs).