Seventh Day Adventists - Can you please explain this Sunday worship at a SDA church to me?

The Seventh Day Adventist Church of Tonga worships the Sabbath on Sundays... why? Isn't Sunday worship the "mark of the beast". Confused?? I would appreciate your understanding of this, thank you in advance :-) God Bless

Thanks Mary,,, so am I. It is going to be very important to me soon and am seeking clarification.

Thank you for the link Magdiel :-)

My understanding is that the SDA church in Tonga has received heavy criticism for this practice from the SDA leaders and members, as it enforces the Sunday worship, yet it continues.

All churches there worship on the same day... what does this mean? That Sunday law already exists around us??? I am not sure on the date line aspect, which has recently changed. But it just seems to go against what the SDA church believes, as per my understanding :-)

Thank you so much Novacom...... very, very, very helpful to me.

Thank you for sharing with question with us.

An your right Sunday worship is relevant to the "mark of the beast"

I am seven-day Adventist and have been all my life. As you know we are living in the "last days".

An remember that one of the prophesies professed to happen is that there will be a time that the things of the world will enter the church. Worldly things will appear to enter the church and at times it will look really bad but we are to know what is right and wrong through what the bible teachers not by what others say or do.

Act 20: 28-30

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch

Just because 1 following disciple of Jesus fell in sin, like Judas, doesn't make the whole flock bad. There scripture says there will be wolves that may consume the weak. I can point fingers saying we have 1 SDA church in California that does this, or 2 SDA churches in south Africa that do that. But that is not the point. Just because a church is mis-lead, first doesn't mean the rest follow and second doesn't mean for an instant any of the rest agree.

We are not God to condemn or Force people what to do. They have been told what they do is wrong, they don't listen. We have done our part. The rest is between them and God. For the bible says:

Ezekiel 33:9,13,18

9 "Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul."

13 "When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it."

18 "When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby."

Source(s): I don't know if you live in Tonga or not. But if you want to do worship on the Sabbath and don't have a church family to worship with here are some wonderful sites of Services for you. Including Sabbath school service: Always Remember the church is the body of the Wife God is coming to retrieve in his 2ed coming :) Amen http://www.amazingfacts.org/ http://www.amazingfacts.org/television/central-stu... http://sfcentral.org/#/media-library

Tonga lies east of longitude 180 degrees. The international dateline deviates from a strict 180 degrees around Tonga and includes it with the other side of the date line on the next day. This is a man made deviation used for trade and economic reasons. Tongan Seventh-day Adventists do not accept this anomaly in the dateline. They worship on Sabbath from sunset to sunset according to the Earth's rotation as they have always done. Since they lie east of the 180 degree line, they use the Saturday Sabbath of the hemisphere they are located within - the Western Hemisphere. Adventists in Kiribati, Samoa, Tuvalu and remoter parts of Fiji do this too. It is not an acceptance of Sunday worship but a rejection of artificial date changes.

Source(s): Official Adventist position on the dateline (PDF format): http://adventist-org-au.adventistconnect.org/asset... International date line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Date_Li... Seventh-day Adventist. ,,,^..^,,,
  • ?

The reason they worship on Sunday is the same reason as to why Adventist churches in Germany reject Ellen White and why Adventist churches in Africa have adopted the Lunar calendar. They are deceived, plain and simple.

They are not worshipping in line with true Seventh Day Adventist beliefs.

No, Sunday worship is not the mark of the beast yet. National and International ENFORCED Sunday sabbath will be the mark of the beast. http://www.markofbeast.net/page3.htm

.

7 Day Adventist Wiki

• Andy W

Don't they worship on Saturdays? That's strange.

Sunday worship is NOT the mark of beast yet. That will happen when the government forces people to worship on Sunday. Then those who continue to break the Bible Sabbath will receive the mark of the beast. That is the SDA position.

• whoo

6 days you work on the 7th you rest and worship God. Call the days by what ever name you like . Just take a break on the 7th day of working. And remember who put you here.

It's just easier if everyone do it on the same day.

I can explain it by asking you... The Sunday churches are they worshiping on Monday now? We worship on the BIBLE seventh-day of the week, the sabbath, so if it changes because of a technicality, we still do worship on the seventh-day of the week, the sabbath. God bless you too, in everything!

This is what I found on Wikipedia...

Christian tradition

In Christianity, both those who observe the seventh day as Sabbath and those who observe the first day as Sabbath consider themselves "Sabbatarian" and regard Sabbath as "Lord's Day" (Greek: κυριακός), each group believing its position to be taught by the Bible; similarly for others who hold to strong Sabbath principles. For instance, "Kuriakos" (Revelation 1:10) is taken either as the (first-day) weekday on which John was raptured in spirit, the seventh-day Sabbath or as the (seventh-day) millennial Sabbath unto which he was raptured. Similarly, the word "Sunday" is variously both disapproved, as recalling pagan sun worship on that day (Ezekiel 8:16-18), and approved, as an adopted token for Christ as "sun of righteousness" (Malachi 4:2). Many Christians affirm commonly that communal worship is not limited to Sabbath (Acts 2:45), and that "Sabbath was made for man", meaning all mankind (Mark 2:27).

[edit] Spiritual Sabbath

Many Christians look upon the Sabbath as a principle to be observed in spirit and not the letter. They point to the meaning of Sabbath as "rest" and the only New Testament admonishment to rest being Jesus' invitation to rest in him (Matthew 11:28). Those who hold to the spirit of the Sabbath believe that a more permanent rest is offered which a day could never fulfill, rest in Jesus.

[edit] First-day Sabbath

For more details on this topic, see Sabbath in Christianity.

My cousin vilifies sunday worship. It is not "Son day", but "Sun day", pagan day of worshiping the sun. Saturday he says means "Saturn's day". Thursday is "Thor's day". Monday is "Moon day". Not sure if he mentioned the other days or what they might mean to him.

I dont like the idea of mixing up Christ with any pagan worship ideas, like Christ mass on Dec 25, or the death and resurrection associated with the pagan fertility festival. It is also said in the Bible that one person may set one day above others to worship God, and another person does not set one day above another, and that neither are wrong. If we avoid a day because it's name/time is associated with pagan worship then how many days can we possibly worship? Personally I take time out each day to worship. That established church's usually worship on either saturday or sunday is hard to do anything about, and being together with others is important part of worship, so what do you do?

Source(s): But to get closer to an actual answer, I do believe the 'Sabbath' means the Seventh Day. Differing interpretations of the Jewish calender could place this either saturday or sunday. (a day is either sun rise to sun rise, or sun set to sun set.)

Tonga sits on the international date line. Perhaps there is uncertainty about what day it is.

-demons will land their ufo ships on the streets and will invite people to be healed. whoever goes in, comes out a zombie.

-80 foot dinosaurs will come out through lakes and sinkholes to eat us.

-evil red-eye antichrist with white powder on his face will come to power. this clown is gay. whoever worships this clown, goes to hell.

-evil electronic 666 tattoo by lasers with small grey world passport will become mandatory. whoever gets it, goes to hell.

-whoever gets chipped is easily tracked to get lasered. so, avoid getting lasered by not getting chipped.

1)demons have 4 ufo bases:

a)moon

b)inside mountain kailas

c)underneath mariana trench (atlantis is here)

d)lake baikal

2)airplanes that go down are hit by demons because they need the airspace to fight Jesus.

3)ufos are powered by diamonds.

4)whoever goes inside a ufo ship to be healed by demons, comes out a zombie