How come every time i go on IMDB.. for any black movie it gets a low rating?

Bunch of racist white folks on their or somethin?

Update:

The Best Man

2 Can Play that game

Hoodlum

Jasons Lyric

Juice

Spike lee movies... are all not the same

You all keep talkin about tyler perry... but im not a fan of Tyler perry though.....so your assuming that all black movies are comedy and that they are made by tyler perry.... are you all that stupid??

Update 2:

@ Carly.... True... i wonder at times if there more racist asians than white folks....and im pretty much am coming around to the fact that their are.

I mean if you look back through history......shucks at least white folks traveled and interacted with outsiders

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best answer

If the movie doesnt have have flashy effects, takes 100 million dollars to make, atleast 3 or more white people in it, It's not gonna get the best reviews....trust me

Not all black movies are comedies people

• salyer
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Wesley Snipes Imdb

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How come every time i go on IMDB.. for any black movie it gets a low rating?

Bunch of racist white folks on their or somethin?

Source(s): time imdb black movie rating: https://bitly.im/4N1pO
  • 4 years ago

Snowtown and Animal Kingdom are both fantastic films. I especially love the early scene in Animal Kingdom when he is watching Deal or No Deal while his mother is on the floor, suffering from an overdose. That scene in itself says so much... It's because IMDB is viewer's ratings, and we all know there is a bigger proportion of people who like crappy films to people who appreciate good films nowadays. I often feel like IMDB rates higher when the film is more enjoyable, but not necessarily better. I trust Rotten Tomatoes for most films.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Coming to America?

Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood?

Blade with Wesley Snipes?

A lot of movies have low ratings. Comedies tend to have lower ratings because they don't have much of a plot and that's what IMDB looks for.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Funny I was just thinking about that today as i was looking up reviews for "35 in Tickin" and the reviewer kept referring to the movie as low budget, News flash most movies with mostly black cast are low budget, Hollywood doesn't fund black movies targeted too white audiences, The white majority doesnt support them so they dont get funded , and end up looking bad, so whites wont support them cause they are poorly made.. and the cycle continues.

• Quoi
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, don't bring racism into this. It's generally that movies aimed mostly at black people are very lowbrow comedies that aren't well liked by the general population. It's not the KKK deciding to insult the black people by going on IDMB.

The better movies that are well made will get high ratings, regardless of what demographic they're aimed at.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097216/

• Allie
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

You are so uninformed. "Woah" is right. Most black comedies such as Tyler Perry movies ALWAYS get panned by critics, because they're simply stupid. These critics have studied film for years, it's not because of racism it's because of the quality of the movie.

Simple as that, stop making it out to be something that it's not.

• Fred
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

ratings are based on what reviewers like and what the audience likes . . if it gets a low rating . . then it wasn't particularly a good piece of work for any host of reasons

• 8 years ago

Maybe.The internet is a paradise for racists.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.