i have been getting a warning about a fan problem on my pc?

it is a pc i had built for me the message is fan problem press f 1 to start. i do this and the pc works ok ,could it be because it has been over clocked?there has never been any other problem but this ,and it is more of a nuisance than anything else,because you cant just walk away and leave it to start up on its own

• pete l

This means that one of your fans is failing to start when you boot up and indicates it has a fault. If also you are overclocking it, more heat will be generated and it is essential that your fans are working properly.

Take the side of your PC and when you boot up, look to see if one of the fans is not working. It needs to be replaced before you blow up your processor through overheating.

• I had this problem on my PC when I had just built it on an ASUS motherboard. I figured out that I had the fan pluged into the wrong power supply on the board. some motherboards have a sensor that can tell which port the fan is plugged into. try find the next closest power supply to the cpu for the fan.

First thing, take the side off the pc and carefully clean out the area around the fan, it will be full of dust, that certainly won't help.

Replace the fan, £5, very easy to do yourself. And clean out the dust while you are at it.

Disable the OC, you should have fewer problems.

Then fix it!