Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 8 years ago

apply for architecture engineering?

I am non academic painter, I have a lot of photography from buildings and monuments.

Is it enough to apply for architecture

What elements can increase my chance to become architecture student

my preferred uni is Ryerson .

I can work with Autocad also

Please give me advice, i need to become student immidiately

Favorite Answer

You won’t be able to become a student immediately, as you have missed the deadline to apply if you are a Canadian student/

Here is the Bachelor of Architectural Sciences student prerequisite requirements (from their website):

Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements (a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages):

English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)

Physics (SPH4U)

Mathematics [one of: Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Advanced Functions (MHF4U)]

The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.

Do not submit non-academic material until after you have submitted your application for admission and accessed your Choose>Ryerson portal. You will receive an Acknowledgment email that will allow access to your portal where you can retrieve your Ryerson Number. Your Ryerson Number must be clearly printed on all non-academic materials you submit.

It’s Ryerson - it’s not UofT, McGill or UBC - if you have high school grades in the mid-80’s, you’ll get in. Tell them about your photography in your admission letter. Students who excel in spacial reasoning tests, do well and usually outperform art students in architecture programs. You may want to do some spacial reasoning exercises to get an idea of how they would want you to think. (though a test won’t be required for admission).