Is Divergent by Veronica Roth a girls book?

Is it aimed at girls or is it a multi-gender book, similar to The Hunger Games?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In my opinion, The Hunger Games was basically a girls' book, focusing way too much on the Peeta vs. Gale dynamic. In Divergent, there is only one love interest, and that cuts down on a lot of the angst. I would say more girls than guys would read it, but if you liked The Hunger Games, then this would be my recommendation. Period.

• 3 years ago

Divergent Girl

• 8 years ago

Most YA is aimed more towards girls, but I wouldn't call Divergent a particularly girly book. I think it's very much aimed towards Hunger Games fans. If you want to read it, just read it.

• 8 years ago

It is similar to Hunger Games, I would highly recommend you to read it. It's really good.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Yes. It is basically sci-fi tailored towards girls. It is quite obvious, when you take account the protagonist, themes and pace of the series. But there is nothing wrong with that.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Honestly, it's such a good book. This 40-something year old guy recommended it to me, so I wouldn't really say it's specified toward anyone. If you want to read it, do it! It's so good. :)

• Hazel
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

There isn't such a thing as girls books and boys books. I think if it looks interesting to someone, they should read it, regardless of gender.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Gir-als.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.