Is Divergent by Veronica Roth a girls book?

Is it aimed at girls or is it a multi-gender book, similar to The Hunger Games?

Favorite Answer

In my opinion, The Hunger Games was basically a girls' book, focusing way too much on the Peeta vs. Gale dynamic. In Divergent, there is only one love interest, and that cuts down on a lot of the angst. I would say more girls than guys would read it, but if you liked The Hunger Games, then this would be my recommendation. Period.

Divergent Girl

Most YA is aimed more towards girls, but I wouldn't call Divergent a particularly girly book. I think it's very much aimed towards Hunger Games fans. If you want to read it, just read it.

It is similar to Hunger Games, I would highly recommend you to read it. It's really good.

Yes. It is basically sci-fi tailored towards girls. It is quite obvious, when you take account the protagonist, themes and pace of the series. But there is nothing wrong with that.

Honestly, it's such a good book. This 40-something year old guy recommended it to me, so I wouldn't really say it's specified toward anyone. If you want to read it, do it! It's so good. :)

• Hazel

There isn't such a thing as girls books and boys books. I think if it looks interesting to someone, they should read it, regardless of gender.

Gir-als.