Is it true that men are always the losers in a divorce?

James Cameron had to settle $50 million to Linda Hamilton for the divorce. How much did Linda Pay?

Will men lose money, wealth, and happiness in a divorce. So can women commit adultery, become an alcoholic or a drug addict, physically and emotionally abuse you or do some crazy thing to the extreme and still steal all his money and his parent's property and still get alimony and child support and remarry someone else and be happy

Excuse me, regarding your example: James Cameron, being great director that he is, cheated on Linda with Suzy Amis when their daughter was three or four years old, right when Titanic was about to come out, this is after leaving his previous wife to marry Linda and meeting Suzy on the Titanic set. Linda deserved every penny she got. That's not to say that all women deserve to come out winners after divorce, but Linda Hamilton absolutely did.

• No, men tend to sit around on their hands, hoping she will come back, with their heads shoved up their @sses, thinking there is nothing they can do, and hiring the first attorney they talk to. Family law is not even a required course in law schools.

The problem is not that men lose all the time, it is that they make the same old stupid mistakes that leads them down the same paths every time.

http://dads-house.org/EducationalManual

Not all the time. The best thing to do when getting a divorce is to settle amicably as possible. If not, get a GOOD lawyer

Its clear where you are coming from, "...women commit adultery, become an alcoholic or a drug addict, physically and emotionally abuse you or do some crazy thing to the extreme and still steal all his money and his parent's property and still get alimony and child support and remarry someone else and be happy." More men than women have affairs in marriage statistically, but it doesn't even matter. Assets are divided equally. The parents money isn't stolen, because its not a marital asset. Alimony is given if there is an unequal distribution of income making ability, like for example if she stayed home to raise the children, while he built his business, she will get alimony because his income will be higher than hers, because she has been out of the work force. Many men have affairs and leave their wives for younger or prettier women, so that works both way. My ex got the younger, less educated woman, and her two kids. I got the alimony and half of the assets. I'd rather be where I am, than where they are, any day.

Not all the time, some women lose.

Since more divorced women end up living in poverty than the men, especially if children are involved I'd have to say no.

Men are generally the losers in the whole relationship haha

Source(s): I'm a man