Tikka T3 hunter/forest. ?

Okay. So I think I have decided on the rifle brand. But now I need to choose a calibre. What are the most popular? I was thinking .223. But I am open to all suggestions as I'm clueless.

They comes in

204 Ruger

222 Rem

223 Rem

223 Rem 22-250 Rem 243 Win

260 Rem 7mm-08 Rem 308 Win

338 Federal T3 25-06 Rem

6.5x55 SE 270 Win 7x64 30-06 Sprg 7 mm Rem Mag

300 Win Mag

338 Win Mag

270 Win Short Mag 10" 300 Win Short Mag 11"

I have links to the Chuck Hawk links for recoil/H.I.T.S.,and cartridge-animal match-ups.

For something like deer the 270,7mm-08 are about perfect,and the 6.5 x 55 Swede is a super sweet cartridge I would love to reload for- has great performance on game with the right bullets and weights.

So,cartridges depend of what you hunt-since I go for elk and deer then a 30-06 makes more sense for me,especially since I can have 300+yard shots. That makes a 30-30 impractical for my style/terrain hunting. The Tikka T3 is a very nice package,I like the bolt,the magazine is top rated for being a removable,and the barrel is very well made-by Sako Finland. I haven't met anyone not satisfied with their T3.

Tikka T3 Hunter

The Finland built, Berretta imported Tikka will likely be a more accurate rifle mainly due to a better trigger, the Ruger is known to have a "lawyer designed" trigger even the supposedly new LC6 trigger. I like the new Ruger's particularly the laminated models, they seem well-built. However at the end of the day a good trigger is the at the heart of any accurate shooting rifle, therefore I would go with the Tikka. Regarding accurate rifles that are built pretty well, you may also want to take a look at the Savage "classic" series and the Marlin XL7's. Good luck!

It all depends on what you want to hunt.

But for an all around cartridge I suggest .308 win

• Mr.357

Obviously different calibers are more popular for different things.

depends on what you are hunting