RHH: S. Perrotta's sort of '100 Greatest Southern Hip-Hop Albums of All Time' List - is it finally here?

Yes, yes it is. For those unfamiliar with the decidedly odd format... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqqDBVyB0KXYiITcSX12z9jsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20120413054008AA1luC7 When shaping this list I took several things into account - accessibility, balance, variety and accurate representation of a... show more Yes, yes it is. For those unfamiliar with the decidedly odd format...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

When shaping this list I took several things into account - accessibility, balance, variety and accurate representation of a state's importance/output. That being said, it's mostly just the quality of music and hopefully a few of these albums (and artists) will be new to the vast majority:

2 Live Crew – As Nasty As They Wanna Be
5th Ward Boyz – Rated G
7even:Thirty – Star: The Seven Thirty Experience
8Ball – Lost
8Ball & MJG – In Our Lifetime
Al Kapone – Sinista Funk
Arrested Development – 3 Years, 5 Months & 2 Days In The Life Of…
Big Boi – Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty
Big Mello – Wegonefunkwichamind
Big Mike – Somethin’ Serious
Bleubird – RIP U$A (The Birdfleu)
Boogiemonsters – Riders Of The Storm: The Underwater Album
Bubba Sparxxx – Deliverance
Bun B – Trill O.G.
Bushwick Bill – Phantom Of The Rapra
Cee Lo Green – Cee-Lo Green And His Perfect Imperfections
Celph Titled & Buckwild – Nineteen Ninety Now
Chamillionaire – Ultimate Victory
Clipse – Hell Hath No Fury
Collective Efforts – Freezing World
Count Bass D – Dwight Spitz
CunninLynguists – Oneirology
Curren$y – Pilot Talk
CYNE – Evolution Fight
Danny! – Charm
David Banner – Mississippi: The Album
Dead Prez – Let’s Get Free
Devin the Dude – To Tha X-Treme
Dirty – The Pimp & Da Gangsta
DJ Screw – 3 ‘N The Mornin’ (Part Two)
DutchMassive – Junk Planet
Esau – The Debut Album… The Farewell Tour
E.S.G. – Sailin’ Da South
Field Mob – From Tha Roota Too Tha Toota
The Foreign Exchange – Connected
Funkghost – Ultra-Boogie Highlife
Ganksta N-I-P – Interview With A Killa
Geto Boys – Grip It! On That Other Level
Goodie Mob – Soul Food
GRITS – The Art Of Translation
G-Side – The One… Cohesive
Hot Boys – Guerrilla Warfare
Ill Biskits – Chronicle Of Two Losers: First Edition
Jermiside & Danny Diggs – Middle Classic
Jim Crow – Crow’s Nest
Juvenile – 400 Degreez
Killer Mike – I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind
KJ-52 – The Yearbook
Kno – Death Is Silent
The Knux – Remind Me In 3 Days…
Koopsta Knicca – Da Devil’s Playground: Underground Solo
K-Otix – Universal
K-Rino – Solitary Confinement
Lecrae – Rehab
Lil’ Keke – Don’t Mess Wit Texas
Lil Wayne – Tha Carter III
Listener – Wooden Heart
Little Brother – The Listening
Ludacris – Theater Of The Mind
Mars Ill – Backbreakanomics
Master P – Ghetto D
MC 900 Ft. Jesus – Welcome To My Dream
MC Ade – Just Somethin’ To Do
Minamina Goodsong – Four Farmer Circus
Missy Elliott – Supa Dupa Fly
Mystikal – Tarantula
Nappy Roots – Wooden Leather
Nephlim Modulation Systems – Woe Too Thee O Land Whose King Is A Child
N*E*R*D – Fly Or Die
Odd Squad – Fadanuf Fa Erybody!!
OutKast – ATLiens
Phonte – Charity Starts At Home
Poison Clan – Poisonous Mentality
Project Pat – Crook By Da Book: The Fed Story
Psyche Origami – Is Ellipsis
Rick Ross – Deeper Than Rap
Scarface – The Diary
Skillz – From Where???
Sol.Illaquists of Sound – No More Heroes
Speech – Spiritual People
Spirit Agent – Depth Perception
Strange Fruit Project – The Healing
Supastition – Chain Letters
Tela – Piece Of Mind
The Terrorists – Terror Strikes: Always Bizness, Never Personal
Three 6 Mafia – Chapter 2: World Domination
T.I. – Paper Trail
Timbaland & Magoo – Welcome To Our World
Trick Daddy – Thug Matrimony: Married To The Streets
TRU – Tru 2 Da Game
Truth Universal – Self Determination
UGK – Ridin’ Dirty
Unseen – The Idea
Willie Evans Jr. – Communication
Willie Isz – Georgiavania
Witchdoctor – A S.W.A.T. Healin’ Ritual
Yall So Stupid – Van Full Of Pakistans
Young Bleed – My Own
YoungBloodZ – Drankin’ Patnaz
Z-Ro – I’m Still Livin

I did leave out some decent albums out and I'm fully aware that the one album per artist scheme isn't really fair representation. What I might do in the future to make up for this is either post an additional fifty albums that didn't make the cut (in the same vein as above list) or just go all out and extend this to a top 200 - a normal top 200 with potentially multiple albums per artist and proper order from best to worst.

Obviously this is where you get to vent or complain about how I left out a Big K.R.I.T. album (I have two other Mississippi residents in his place) or have Tha Carter III down as Wayne's best album, which I won't change by the way (I'd be kidding myself if I went for the routine choice with each artist).
Do voice your opinions though!
Update: Big K.R.I.T. is overrated by virtue of slightly more interesting subject matter than his peers, critical acclaim and hype. I also think people put him on a very high pedestal because he goes against a lot of clichés associated with modern southern rappers... He has yet to do anything really outstanding in my eyes... show more Big K.R.I.T. is overrated by virtue of slightly more interesting subject matter than his peers, critical acclaim and hype. I also think people put him on a very high pedestal because he goes against a lot of clichés associated with modern southern rappers...
He has yet to do anything really outstanding in my eyes and there's a fine line between an album and a mixtape. I'm not saying that he isn't a very good artist but he had a lot of competition.

As for the Geto Boys album, Grip It! is far more accomplished lyrically and definitive in almost every aspect.
Update 2: I just couldn't fit Asamov in there and I thought Willie Evans Jr. had the superior album between them. They've been bettered by other inclusions in this list with a similar sound I feel...
Update 3: My bad Banjo - I completely mixed it up with their debut. Had a dude hiccuping like crazy... I couldn't leave Grip It! out and a slightly repackaged album isn't going to do that much to impede on a certified classic, however suspect that may sound. The fact that yahoo is acting up is really going to take... show more My bad Banjo - I completely mixed it up with their debut. Had a dude hiccuping like crazy...
I couldn't leave Grip It! out and a slightly repackaged album isn't going to do that much to impede on a certified classic, however suspect that may sound.

The fact that yahoo is acting up is really going to take the feasibility out of this...
Update 4: I'm glad I extended this...
Update 5: I can't recall Grey Skies being critically praised nationwide, in fact it has a reputation as an overlooked album that's merely collected a few nods down the years thanks to David Banner's solo success and some mild hearsay.