I have been providing daily meals for an elderly man who has no family for a while now. I really enjoy cooking?

for him and want to continue but my hubby and I will be going on vacation for 10 days in June. This elderly man is very set in his ways, won't even take food out of the freezer to micro, too much effort, lol. I usually make simple things, actually I make extra quantities for dinner and my hubby brings them to... show more for him and want to continue but my hubby and I will be going on vacation for 10 days in June. This elderly man is very set in his ways, won't even take food out of the freezer to micro, too much effort, lol. I usually make simple things, actually I make extra quantities for dinner and my hubby brings them to him in the morning so he can have them for lunch. He goes to bed by 5pm. I make things like stew, pot pies, chicken cutlets and mashed potatoes, things I know he'll eat. Well here's the question: Any ideas for foods that will keep in the fridge, not freezer for that long. Any ideas how I can care for him while away? He doesn't want meals on wheels, he used to live on turkey sandwiches. Please put on your thinking caps. We've known him for 30 years and he's very dear to us.