How long can a dog go without using the bathroom?

We are getting a boxer puppy in early july and i would like to know how long it can go without using the bathroom? Puppy will be about 5 months in early september, when i start school again, and i'll be gone from about 7 am to 3 pm. So if I take him outside right before I leave and first thing when i get home,... show more We are getting a boxer puppy in early july and i would like to know how long it can go without using the bathroom? Puppy will be about 5 months in early september, when i start school again, and i'll be gone from about 7 am to 3 pm. So if I take him outside right before I leave and first thing when i get home, will he be fine for those 7 hours, or is a doggy door absolutely necessary? Having the dog outside when no one is home, even though we have a fully fenced yard really makes me uncomfortable and of course always the thought of thieves in the back of my head so i would really like to avoid the doggy door if possibly. We are moving in to this new house in a couple of weeks so i don't know if we have any neighbors that might be willing to take it outside during the day yet.
Update: I don't mean stealing of the dog btw, i mean people breaking into the house.
Update 2: We are create training him, at least for the first year he'll be sleeping in it and staying in there when we're not home.