Should I Put Them On?

So I was thinking about putting on some fake nails. I fail at painting my nails, and getting them done professionally isn't an option for me. I will have to glue the fake ones on at home. My real nails are atrocious (I am a nail biter, bad habit, I know, I'm thinking having fake nails might deter me). The only thing is, I play center for my volleyball team. We play for around three hours a week. I was thinking about getting some very short false nails... But I've been reading and I don't even know now whether it's a good idea to get them at all. Your thoughts?

Oh personally I use fake nails in the holidays because I don't do sport or any harsh activities including my hands, I wouldn't suggest using them if you are going to play sport because the fake nail might just be hit off by the ball and trust me its painful!! It's glued to your natural nail and the glue should be strong and if it gets yanked off it will hurt, so I don't recommend it if you are playing sport otherwise go for it :) x

It would probably be better if you didn't get them, especially since you play a sport like volleyball where you primarily use your hands. They could end up breaking off painfully and make you nails look worse. I suggest instead you try to focus on your nail biting habit. There are plenty of advice boards on the web for quitting bad habits, as well as places to get support.

~Best Wishes

Kira~

Source(s): experience

i personlay am not a fan cause of the glue and how it sticks to ur nails afterwards. but yea iv herd its rele bad for you :/ maybe just try deal with your own nails, you can get stuff that helps you stop biting them. and nailpainting like anything takes practice my dear :)

i wont make u read much !! d answer iz no !! dat iz it !!