Did dinosaurs cause climate change?

---------------------------- FOR THE RELATED ARTICLE SEARCH ON: "Did dinosaurs cause climate change? Huge creatures may have contributed to their own demise because they produced so much flatulence, say scientists" ---------------------------- Professor Graeme Ruxton of St Andrews University,... show more ----------------------------
FOR THE RELATED ARTICLE SEARCH ON:
"Did dinosaurs cause climate change? Huge creatures may have contributed to their own demise because they produced so much flatulence, say scientists"
----------------------------

Professor Graeme Ruxton of St Andrews University, Scotland, said the giant animals spent 150 years emitting the potent global warming gas, methane.

According to Professor Ruxton and his co-researcher David Wilkinson, of Liverpool John Moores University, this is only a fifth of what was produced when Dinosaurs walked the Earth.

'In fact, our calculations suggest these dinosaurs may have produced more methane than all the modern sources, natural and human, put together,' said Mr Wilkinson to the Sunday Times.

The research is due to be published in an academic journal this week.

Update: ---------------------------- Jonathan - Providing a link would probably knock the question out of the Yahoo Answers queue. You may not be aware of that problem. But I provided the article title to search on to find the original article. That's the best anyone can do without risking non-publication of the... show more ----------------------------
Jonathan - Providing a link would probably knock the question out of the Yahoo Answers queue. You may not be aware of that problem. But I provided the article title to search on to find the original article. That's the best anyone can do without risking non-publication of the question in the queue. Everything above is a direct quote from the article at dailymail.co.uk.
Update 2: pegminer - If dinosaurs really haven't been around for 65 million years then maybe you can explain to me why they are finding dino bones that are still fresh, unfossilized and still containing soft tissue with blood cells. That's a real mystery hun? And notice the clip below is from MSNBC, they are not... show more pegminer - If dinosaurs really haven't been around for 65 million years then maybe you can explain to me why they are finding dino bones that are still fresh, unfossilized and still containing soft tissue with blood cells. That's a real mystery hun? And notice the clip below is from MSNBC, they are not exactly a bunch of right-wingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N22jYppVj...
Update 3: Sylvia - Then if you believe all of this silly nonsense maybe you could tell me why it isn't warming today, because according to the study, we are producing more methane into the air now than the dinosaurs ever did. See the chart at the top of page 2 of the... show more Sylvia - Then if you believe all of this silly nonsense maybe you could tell me why it isn't warming today, because according to the study, we are producing more methane into the air now than the dinosaurs ever did.

See the chart at the top of page 2 of the study
http://download.cell.com/current-biology...

9 answers 9