Can I block an email address on Gmail?

Some idiot, who has obviously obtained my email address through nefarious means (I can only imagine he/she obtained it through my FB page, although my privacy settings are very high) is sending me suggestive emails. S/he (his/her name is unknown to me at presence). Yesterday, when I saw the first email, I sent an... show more Some idiot, who has obviously obtained my email address through nefarious means (I can only imagine he/she obtained it through my FB page, although my privacy settings are very high) is sending me suggestive emails. S/he (his/her name is unknown to me at presence). Yesterday, when I saw the first email, I sent an incredibly rude response which clearly stated I did not want any further contact to occur. The moron responded saying s/he was glad I had responded and continued with a bunch of suggestive remarks (albeit in rather broken English). My question, therefore is whether it is possible to block an email address on Gmail. If so, how does one do this? Any further advice on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who answer.