Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 8 years ago

Should I buy a new or used motorcycle?

Nearly all of my friends have a motorcycle, whether street bikes or scooters. I really hope to own one, too. But I don't have such a large budget. If buy new motorcycles, I plan to buy one online as the online stores usually charge less for scooters or street bikes, like one I know is www.megamotormadness.com. But if I buy used ones, I don't where can I get a used motorcycle. Could some give me some suggestions?

Favorite Answer

It depends on the price how it looks does the gas matter with the mile.

We us Craig's List too. Do some research before you buy. Scooters generally don't have as much power and you can't take them on the freeway, for example.

Do go ahead and take the State Motorcycle Safety Training class that you will need anyway to get your license. It's worth the time and money, you will learn how to drive a motorcycle or scooter, and they will discuss the differences between the different types. It will also probably save your life by preventing an accident born or ignorance (no offense, that happened to me on my first ride BEFORE the class).

One of our bikes is a 2008 Honda Rebel, a perfect motorcycle for a beginner, that we found in Craig's List. It was only $2,500. We did this in 2009 and it's still a favorite.

Definitely a new motorcycle if you have around $2000 budget. I also heard of the website you mentioned in your question. One of my friends just bought a street bike from it. It's very cool and I also tried on it once.

If you prefer a scooter, the scooters there are very cost-effective. You know scooters are fun, easy to ride and inexpensive to operate. Scooters with 150cc engine feel very stable and enough speed if you need short distance commute.

You can choose this http://www.megamotormadness.com/product/sco007-150...

If you are seeking for cool driving experience, street bikes there are also good choices, not exceeding $3000. The most satisfactory part about it is that it offers free parts exchange in the warranty period so that you won't not know where to get the parts.

I also gonna buy a scooter for my daugher recently.

I think it's more convenient if you buy a new one. There are much more models if you choose your motorcycle online than in retail stores. Take megamotormadness.com for example, I see on their website that it guarantees the lowest price. If you find price difference compared with other sites, you can get the difference refund. Also on the website, there are more than 100 models for you to choose and have enough stock.

Whether you choose street bike or scooter, it depends on your budget and purpose. Scooters are more fun and safe while street bikes are cooler when you are riding on it.

Try eBay bud... They have new n used bikes... But keep in mind when buying a used bike that it hasn't been rid to hard or have to many hours on it.... Buying bikes off older people rather than younger is always a good idea... As they treat them with a bit more respect and don't have such a hard motor life..

Well, in Indonesia, there are 3 great brands of motor cycle's factory:

1. Honda , 2. Yamaha and 3. Suzuki.

Better buy a new one with 1 up to 3 years guarantee. Take any type that fit to your wallet.

And never forget ....>> choose the "safe fuell" one.

I think, you should go for an old bike owned by someone you know because he might not cheat on you else buying a new one is a best option which gives you satisfaction and tested Model with complete Guarantee. So choose one.... All the Best... :-)

If you have a plan to buy a scooter or mini bike, this site surely help you.

http://scootereview.co.cc/

This site link you to Amazon dot com, the biggest online store in the world.

Be careful what you buy, I had a look at MegaMotorMadness and some of their scooters are worthless crap from the leftovers of the crap pile after the seagulls have finished picking over the garbage. Their 250cc street bikes might be okay but I wouldn't risk it, I can barely even identify them; they are labeled as "STB00" on the website and the bikes themselves are named "Dongfang" which appears to be an alternative name for Lifeng. http://www.megamotormadness.com/

Forget about new bikes, concentrate on looking for a pre-owned budget-level Japanese or European motorcycle or scooter. The cheapest deals are always from private sellers but buying on the private market comes with the risk of being sold a lemon so you might prefer to buy from a used motorcycle dealer instead, it's more expensive but could save you money in the long run.

Got my 1920 motorcycle on craigslist..its amazing and has been used for 10 years total so its a good place to findstuff

If you're interested in a motorcycle, you may be interested in getting a book and reading what to look for when you're ready to buy. "Motorcycles for Dummies" could help you, I think. Good luck with your purchase. Ride safe.